Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Help needed! Need to send some buns on 'holiday' U/D ARGH!!

Banned

OMG Just read through all this and I cant believe your Dad!!!!

I think right now the best thing you could do is to foster out 4 bunnies, rent a place that will let you take 2 house bunnies until you can sort yourself out. You need your Dad otu of your life otherwiswe he'll keep controlling it!

Wise Old Thumper

I had a friend whose Dad used to check her bank statements when she was 23 and working. She was ok with it

i dont think he's got a right to ask to see your bank statements....BUT...has he got a point about you being able to afford everything? You've just mentioned about bills etc...can you realistically afford the 6 buns?

(Sorry, Im not trying to upset you and I know you've just got the new job but just kind of playing devils adovocate here.)

Ive never got on with my Dad as he was a very bad one basically!, so I do really sympathise xx

Get yourself a new roomy!

We have a lodger atm, and tbh I was soo surprised at the amount of people needing accomodation when i put the ad up i was inundated:

good websites:
    www.spareroom.co.uk
    www.flatmateworld.co.uk

Google for it - watch out though - some of them give you limited functionality unless you pay - much better to find one that is free for you to list, and free for the people searching to use too

Alternatively stick an ad up at Uni

Alpha Buck

Aww Emma I know he's your Dad but I don't think he has a right to demand to see your bank statements - you're an adult now and he NEEDS to trust you to be sensible with your money. If you make financial mistakes then you will have to find a way to solve it... it's all part of becoming an adult, and learning to stand on your own two feet, and make your own decisions, consequences etc.
    Don't worry I'm sure you'll be ok xxx

Mama Doe

If you don't mind me asking, what were the original conditions for you staying at the house ie were you meant to find house sharers to help with the bills? Why did your dad but the house for you to live in if he is going to threaten to sell it if he doesn't get his own way? Did you go to that uni because of the house being available?

(Sorry now I'm being nosey - it's just it doesn't seem to be very fair on you)

Quote Originally Posted by Bundle
    Oh no! I really thought you might have sorted him out did you show him all the stuff people said on here?
    YEP! But I think that's what made him think it was ok for me to drop out of uni So THANK YOU everyone!!
    Jasper,Abbileah-Louise,PrincessBelle,Bramble,Bumble<3
    James,Clio,Tia-Lucy--NEVER forgotten,ALWAYS loved xx

Quote Originally Posted by @Debs111
    OMG Just read through all this and I cant believe your Dad!!!!

I think right now the best thing you could do is to foster out 4 bunnies, rent a place that will let you take 2 house bunnies until you can sort yourself out. You need your Dad otu of your life otherwiswe he'll keep controlling it!
    Think is I can't afford to rent somewhere out at the moment as I'm only part time at Comet and I reeeeeeeeeeally like this house But thankfully Angie (Angie65) has said she can foster W&W for a while So that's 2 sorted. And I have a boarding place down the road from me who have a spare place for Teddy until January so that's got me down to 3 buns (Still trying to convince him that Teddy needs to stay here )

Quote Originally Posted by mandy
    I had a friend whose Dad used to check her bank statements when she was 23 and working. She was ok with it

i dont think he's got a right to ask to see your bank statements....BUT...has he got a point about you being able to afford everything? You've just mentioned about bills etc...can you realistically afford the 6 buns?

(Sorry, Im not trying to upset you and I know you've just got the new job but just kind of playing devils adovocate here.)

Ive never got on with my Dad as he was a very bad one basically!, so I do really sympathise xx
    Omg!! I hate people looking at what I've been spending
    I CAN afford the 6 buns now I have a job Have been living off my student loan and it's JUST ran out (job came just in time!!)

I know, don't worry you're not upsetting me... I understand what you're saying

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock
    Get yourself a new roomy!

We have a lodger atm, and tbh I was soo surprised at the amount of people needing accomodation when i put the ad up i was inundated:

good websites:
    www.spareroom.co.uk
    www.flatmateworld.co.uk

Google for it - watch out though - some of them give you limited functionality unless you pay - much better to find one that is free for you to list, and free for the people searching to use too

Alternatively stick an ad up at Uni
    Already looking for someone to rent out my spare room! Signed up to flatmateworld (and payed ) but only getting some strange people and all the good ones say it's too far away... only 2 miles from the city centre, lazy b****rs

What did you say in your ad? Maybe I'm not wording mine right or something

Will check out that other link, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaskaskia
    Aww Emma I know he's your Dad but I don't think he has a right to demand to see your bank statements - you're an adult now and he NEEDS to trust you to be sensible with your money. If you make financial mistakes then you will have to find a way to solve it... it's all part of becoming an adult, and learning to stand on your own two feet, and make your own decisions, consequences etc.
    Don't worry I'm sure you'll be ok xxx
    I know, I tried explaining that but he won't listen! He just thinks I'll be silly with my money

Thanks