Thread: Opinions Please

Warren Scout

Default Opinions Please

I have 2 bonded eldery rabbits. They are always together and Teddy is very dependent on Mopsy as his sight isn't great. Lately, Mopsy has seemed to be very nasty to us and biting and chasing Teddy. Also, my husband cleaned out the hutches and found what looked like nest (full of Mopsy's fur)

We've had Mopsy for year and we believe she had litters before she was taken to the resuce. However we had her spayed and she had to have her womb, uterus etc removed and some reconstructive surgery so we are not sure what is causing her behaviour.

Any ideas?
    I,ve been boo,d

Alpha Buck

im not sure, but I believe they can still have phantom pregnancies even after they are spayed. I am sure someone who can help more will be along soon...

Wise Old Thumper

Sometimes a bit of Ovarian tissue can be left behind after a spay. So the Doe may have the occasional Pseudo-pregnancy

As this is a new thing for her I suggest you get your Vet to check her over. Rabbits often have odd ways of showing if something is wrong and any change in behaviour needs to be viewed as a potential warning sign of a physical problem.

Janex
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane
    Sometimes a bit of Ovarian tissue can be left behind after a spay. So the Doe may have the occasional Pseudo-pregnancy

As this is a new thing for her I suggest you get your Vet to check her over. Rabbits often have odd ways of showing if something is wrong and any change in behaviour needs to be viewed as a potential warning sign of a physical problem.

Janex
    Thanks I'll book her in tonight. She is eating well and is her usual active self so that's a good sign.
    I,ve been boo,d

Bino built nests twice when they were in hutches she hasn't doen it since we moved and they are now in a shed - weird bunnies huh
    xº°”˜`”°º×CARYS׺°”˜`”°ºx

Mommy to Bino, Orchid, Donkey, Binky, Bluebeard and Delboy the staffie x

Binky Free Little Man, Britney, Poppet, Bobby, Bessie and Bambi my special little girl :-(

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBun
    Bino built nests twice when they were in hutches she hasn't doen it since we moved and they are now in a shed - weird bunnies huh
    She is certainly strange. Last night my husband went out to feed the rabbits and Mopsy leapt out of the hutch ran around the patio and then started biting and pulling and the hem of his jeans. when he bent down to stroke her she jumped into his arms!!!!
    I,ve been boo,d

wow she sounds such a character!
    xº°”˜`”°º×CARYS׺°”˜`”°ºx

Mommy to Bino, Orchid, Donkey, Binky, Bluebeard and Delboy the staffie x

Binky Free Little Man, Britney, Poppet, Bobby, Bessie and Bambi my special little girl :-(

Quote Originally Posted by stacy
    She is certainly strange. Last night my husband went out to feed the rabbits and Mopsy leapt out of the hutch ran around the patio and then started biting and pulling and the hem of his jeans. when he bent down to stroke her she jumped into his arms!!!!
    Thats so sweet, she sounds like she knows how to get what she wants!

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by IsabelM
    Quote Originally Posted by stacy
    Thats so sweet, she sounds like she knows how to get what she wants!
    She is the most outgoing out of all of the rabbits!
    I,ve been boo,d