Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Find My Bunny Campaign Not Going Well

Banned

Default Find My Bunny Campaign Not Going Well

I feel like I'm not making any headway in finding my bunny at all . So far I have:
    Phoned Police
    Phoned all local vets
    Phoned all local pet shops
    Phoned Missing Pets Bureau
    Scanned papers every day for "Bunnies for Sale"
    Phoned local newspapers with an appeal
    Phoned radio stations with an appeal (they said no )
    Put a "Stolen" note on work's intranet message board
    Printed up 60 colour posters

And it's the posters I seem to be having problems with... So far there are posters around the yard I keep my horse at, in the windows of pet shops and vets, and in a couple of friend's shops. I can't find anywhere else suitable to put them . Most shops have said they can't or won't display them (the library weren't sure, so I left a couple just in case), or charge a fee. The problem is that if I start paying all these display fees, they're going to add up to a fairly hefty amount, I don't have any spare cash, and there's still no guarantee she will turn up. A friend said I should just go out with a roll of sellotape and stick notices all over the place, lamp posts, trees, etc, but I'm concerned that I could be fined for littering . The posters have my telephone number on, so it would be fairly easy for the Community Wardens to track me down, and it's a £50 fine... I don't know if that would be £50 for every poster, or just for the lot. Even so, I don't have £50 knocking around in the event that it might happen.

What should I do? My other option is to go around every house in our town and the two local villages and put a flyer through every door and on every car. You could almost guarantee that the one I missed would be the one she is at! Am I missing anything? Is there anything obvious I can try to get her back?? I thought about phoning the BRC since she has a BRC ring on, and I started thinking that if I found a lost rabbit (as she may well have just been "released"), I would find out what the BRC was and tried contacting them. I have reunited a few racing pigeons with their owners from their ring details. Is it worth contacting them?

Any help appreciated!

i would put posters thru all the doors in ur town, i hope u find her soon, Im so sorry. xxx

Wise Old Thumper

what about calling rescues?

Banned

I phoned the BRC anyway, and they were lovely. I explained that I'm not a member but my bunny is wearing a BRC ring and they took the details and said if anyone calls they will be in touch.

Banned

I don't know if we have any rescues locally... I will have a look!

Mama Doe

I'd definately try your local RSPCA's, and any other rescues, as lost rabbits often end up with them.

Good luck

Jx
    Beautiful keepsake jewellery and ornaments made from your pet's hair:-
    http://www.enchantedhorse.co.uk

FB Page:- https://www.facebook.com/EnchantedHorseHairJewellery

Banned

I called our nearest RSPCA rescue, and they also gave me the numbers for their Lost and Found helpline and for a Bunny rescue not too far away. I've left my details with both in case Bram should show up. I miss her so much My gran had just bought her a new harness and some toys the morning we found out she was gone .

What about an ad in the local paper? They are often free to place.

Awww hun I really hope you hard work pays off your lil bun will be very proud of you work you so deserve to find her
    x`CARYS׺`x

Mommy to Bino, Orchid, Donkey, Binky, Bluebeard and Delboy the staffie x

Binky Free Little Man, Britney, Poppet, Bobby, Bessie and Bambi my special little girl :-(

Banned

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words.
    I have widened my search radius and phoned every pet shop within about 40 miles! I just feel totally stumped. Everyone seems to think that she has been taken home as a pet, which means I need to be getting the message out to Joe Public that she was stolen and hope that a parent whose child, or someone whose friend has brought home a "lost" or "abandoned" rabbit sees it and calls me. Of course, they may be the sort of person who doesn't really care . The Police seemed to think I'd get more luck from kids, and that Little Johnny would probably tell us that his mate Little Mickey has a new pet rabbit, and then the police would check it out, but so far there's no leads whatsoever. I feel like I should phone the Police and make sure they're still doing something, but I suppose a stolen bunny is going to be pretty far down their list of priorities. I can't stand waiting (I am incredibly impatient), and everywhere I go, I keep expecting to see a little black shape hopping around the streets. Even in the office I have to do a double take at the shadows under all the desks incase they turn out to be a black loppy bun. I keep thinking that every person who passes me in the street might be on their way to feed my bunny, or saw her the day before, or was telling a friend about another friend's new pet.... It's completely unbearable!