• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

special house bun....TEETH UPDATE

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Dixie is a special ladybun looking for an indoor home .
She is 2 yrs old, spayed and lovely natured ..

Dixie has always lived indoors so we would like to place her in a new home quickly before the weather turns very cold as she is now in a hutch .

Dixie is special as in the fact that she may need future vet treatment .
She has had teeth probs and she has trouble with runny eyes .
Dixie has also had bladder stones removed . Hopefully this problem will not recur now she is on a better diet but there are no guarentees .

EDIT....there was a misunderstanding when Dixie was brought in . It is her front teeth she has problems with ...not her back ones as we first thought .
She will need them burring approx 6 to 8 week intervals or we may possibly look into having them removed . burring at our vets costs £15 but other practices will vary .

So as you see Dixie is looking for a special home . She may need future vet treatment but she is very affectionate and has lots of love to give .

our greatest worry is that she may be stuck here ages because of her past problems and will be unhappy in a hutch without the human interaction she is used to .

she only came to us last night so no pics yet . i ll update with pics as soon as i can .

awe poor dixie.i really wish i could help but i have 4 house buns already.i hope she finds a lovely home soon bless her.x

me again,im in north yorkshire,im moving into our own house soon(flat at the mo)it has a cellar with windows and heating and i am going to convert it into a bunny room,unfortunately i couldnt give her a forever home as the possible vet treatment would push me to the limits with cash but i could offer her a loving indoor foster home if that would help.im in harrogate.x

corfu029.jpg

This is Dixie .

Bless her shes not very happy in her hutch :( doesnt much like the run either :(

Dixie is now with a foster mum . We had to find somewhere indoors for her quickly and bunnygran offered to foster her for us untill she can find her new home .

Dixie is now showing what a well behaved house bunny she is . She is very clean and very approachable . She just loves human attention .

Dixie will be having her front teeth looked at by our vet next week .

DIXIE HAS HAD HER TEETH BURRED TODAY . IN A COUPLE OF WEEK THEY WILL BE REMOVED ....POOR GIRL :cry: THEY REALY ARE SHOCKING (SPLIT FROM PAST CLIPPING)
HER BACK TEETH ARE PERFECT . :D

SO SOON SHE WILL BE AN INSISORLESS HOUSE BUN LOOKING FOR A LOVING HOME

Yes, Dixie is staying with us. We couldn't part with her now. She is a fantastic house bunny and so snuggly :love: Trouble is if we keep all our foster bunnies we will soon have to move to a bigger house. :lol: :lol:

I am useless at fostering too. She looked so pitiful in her run, a bit like my TJ If you put him out in the garden he tries to get back in the house :lol: Some house buns like their indoor comforts. Delighted you are keeping her. Will she be bonded with the other four?

Back