Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncle Albert- My Gentle, Courageous, Wise Old Rabbit

Default Uncle Albert- My Gentle, Courageous, Wise Old Rabbit

Uncle Albert came into my life about 4 years ago. He had been taken into a Vets to be PTS because he was 'old' At that time he was 7.
    The Vet thankfully got the client to sign Unky A over to him and I willingly took him in.
    Uncle Albert was in a mess with dental problems, conjunctivitis, mites and infected dermatitis He was also emaciated
    But all these problems could be treated and gradually over many months Uncle Albert was restored to full health Infact as he was still an entire Buck perhaps I should say he was restored to RUDE health

After he had his op' he met his girlfriend three legged Cerys. It was love at first sight Uncle Albert remained very affectionate toward me even when bonded with Cerys Even this morning he did his usual 'Buzzing Bunny' around me as I cleaned his and Cerys' pen!!

Earlier this year Unky A started to show dental problems. During the GA to treat this Uncle Albert arrested. His wonderful Vet Christabel managed to resusitate him. But it was touch-and-go as to whether he could be brought round from the GA or if he would have suffered any brain damage. Thankfully Uncle Albert made a good recovery

But a few weeks later it became obvious that he was having mouth pain again. Despite the obvious risks of him having another GA it was our only option. This time the GA went smoothly but unfortunately Christabel discovered a tumour in his gums. Analysis of a Biopsy from the tumour confirmed a Fibrosarcoma. This is a type of cancer which seldom spreads to other parts of the body, but very frequently grows back at the primary sight. So Unky A was given a poor prognosis However, he remained very happy within himself. His pain was controlled with medication and he continued to eat lots

As the weeks passed by Uncle Albert lost weight and also required another op' to burr his teeth and cut back the tumour regrowth. Both Christabel and I agreed that if Uncle A arrested again he would not be resusitated. But all went well and he made a rapid recovery.

At the beginning of this week it was obvious Uncle Albert had mouth pain. By now he was VERY thin. He also had a flare-up of a chronic ear abscess and had,had a nasty dermatitis. I really did not feel I could put him through more surgery. But after lengthy discussion with our trusted Vet we decided that Uncle A would have a GA to see if his discomfort was just molar spurs. But we agreed that if it was not but was due to the tumour it would be kindest to let Uncle A pass to The Bridge.
    I am heartbroken that, that is what happened But I know it was the right thing to do. Both Christabel and I remained with Uncle Albert as he passed away. We both stroked him and told him how special he is. Christabel said she felt priveleged to have known such an amazing Rabbit.

That is how I will remember my Uncle Albert- AN AMAZING RABBIT

I love you so much Unky A and I will miss you EVERY day

Janex

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Binky Free Uncle Albert

Hugs to you too Jane

Mama Doe

aw jane ((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) to you xxx
    a truly amazing bunny, binky free little man xxx

Binky free Unky A, such a very brave bunny, we will all miss you

Big (((Hugs))) Jane

x

NEW friendly Rabbit Forum for over 16's

http://rabbitrendezvous.co.uk/

binky free little man

Mama Doe

Sweet dreams Uncle A xxx And hugs to your Mummy xxxxxx

So Sorry Jane

Enjoy you time at the Bridge Uncle A, I'm sure you will have been reunited with Jack and he will take care of you
    friendly Rabbit Forum for over 16's
    http://rabbitrendezvous.co.uk/

Binky free uncle A x x

Hugs to Jane x

Such a lovely tribute, Jane, I am sure that Uncle Albert would speak similarly fondly of you for giving him another chance of life when he was given up on at just 7 years old. As it happens you gave him a happy four years to share with you and Cerys.

Binky free, Uncle A, and big hugs to you and Cerys too xxx

What happy last years of his life! Binky free Uncle Albert.