• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uncle Albert- My Gentle, Courageous, Wise Old Rabbit

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Uncle Albert came into my life about 4 years ago. He had been taken into a Vets to be PTS because he was 'old' :roll: :cry: At that time he was 7.
The Vet thankfully got the client to sign Unky A over to him and I willingly took him in.
Uncle Albert was in a mess with dental problems, conjunctivitis, mites and infected dermatitis :cry: He was also emaciated :cry:
But all these problems could be treated and gradually over many months Uncle Albert was restored to full health :D Infact as he was still an entire Buck perhaps I should say he was restored to RUDE health :roll: :lol:

After he had his op' he met his girlfriend three legged Cerys. It was love at first sight :love: Uncle Albert remained very affectionate toward me even when bonded with Cerys :D Even this morning he did his usual 'Buzzing Bunny' around me as I cleaned his and Cerys' pen!!

Earlier this year Unky A started to show dental problems. During the GA to treat this Uncle Albert arrested. His wonderful Vet Christabel managed to resusitate him. But it was touch-and-go as to whether he could be brought round from the GA or if he would have suffered any brain damage. Thankfully Uncle Albert made a good recovery :D :D

But a few weeks later it became obvious that he was having mouth pain again. Despite the obvious risks of him having another GA it was our only option. This time the GA went smoothly but unfortunately Christabel discovered a tumour in his gums. Analysis of a Biopsy from the tumour confirmed a Fibrosarcoma. This is a type of cancer which seldom spreads to other parts of the body, but very frequently grows back at the primary sight. So Unky A was given a poor prognosis :cry: However, he remained very happy within himself. His pain was controlled with medication and he continued to eat lots :D

As the weeks passed by Uncle Albert lost weight and also required another op' to burr his teeth and cut back the tumour regrowth. Both Christabel and I agreed that if Uncle A arrested again he would not be resusitated. But all went well and he made a rapid recovery.

At the beginning of this week it was obvious Uncle Albert had mouth pain. By now he was VERY thin. He also had a flare-up of a chronic ear abscess and had,had a nasty dermatitis. I really did not feel I could put him through more surgery. But after lengthy discussion with our trusted Vet we decided that Uncle A would have a GA to see if his discomfort was just molar spurs. But we agreed that if it was not but was due to the tumour it would be kindest to let Uncle A pass to The Bridge.
I am heartbroken that, that is what happened :cry: But I know it was the right thing to do. Both Christabel and I remained with Uncle Albert as he passed away. We both stroked him and told him how special he is. Christabel said she felt priveleged to have known such an amazing Rabbit.

That is how I will remember my Uncle Albert- AN AMAZING RABBIT

I love you so much Unky A and I will miss you EVERY day

:cry: :cry:

Janex

rabbits109.jpg

013.jpg

Picture408.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture776.jpg

Picture765.jpg

Picture736.jpg

MiscPics165.jpg

MiscPics051.jpg

MiscPics188.jpg

Picture1005.jpg

Binky free Unky A, such a very brave bunny, we will all miss you

Big (((Hugs))) Jane

x

So Sorry Jane :cry:

Enjoy you time at the Bridge Uncle A, I'm sure you will have been reunited with Jack and he will take care of you

Such a lovely tribute, Jane, I am sure that Uncle Albert would speak similarly fondly of you for giving him another chance of life when he was given up on at just 7 years old. As it happens you gave him a happy four years to share with you and Cerys.

Binky free, Uncle A, and big hugs to you and Cerys too xxx

I'm so sorry Jane. :cry: :cry: Uncle Albert was such an amazing bunny who obviously loved every minute of life. I'm sure he knows how much you love him and is happy and healthy again at the bridge. Rip Uncky A. Xx

im in tears reading this. he was an amazing bun, he was so lucky to find you Jane.... he was with you until the end Jane, you have some lovely memories and pic's with him.

Have fun at the bridge Uncle A xxx

Jane, that had me in tears. :cry:
Uncle Albert was such an incredible bun and he was such a beautiful bun too. :cry: I'm sure he'll make an amazing little angel up at the Bridge. :D
Binky free Uncle Albert. xxx

Jennifer.

Thanks for sharing his story. After all of the "final" trips to the vets, Uncle A died what he did best, allowing others to help him to live. Uncle A is a strong young bun now. Its 1995 once again and once more he has his life ahead of him. Its time to carry on, because thats what Albert would have wanted. I will never forget this brave bunny :cry:

Adam and Loopy

Back