Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone want a rabbit cage?

angie65 i have just pmd you (twice!)

Wise Old Thumper

I answered your first PM, which had an email address on for you

I think Sue and Mick in Dewsbury are away on holiday until the weekend. I'm sure they would like the cage though. We have had 5 bunnies from them.

5 rabbits in one of those I won't even use them for guineas unless I hook two together But joined up they are very useful, and can be used for small rabbits that way too. The bendy playsticks things are great to make a bridge over the two sides.
    Best Wishes
    Louise
    Hopper Haven And Littlefoot Sanctuary
    www.hopperhaven.org.uk
    Home of a Hundred Happy Hoppers
    A Different Smaller Viewpoint,
    The World Below the Knee Joint

I never joined the cage to anything but I did keep it open at all times so Frida had access to the run too. It made a good base to keep her litter tray and food etc in, and she did like to go in there to rest.

I have kept 1 older piggy in it after her friend died, obviously bigger cages would be better but I think it would be ok as a temporary measure or like you say, for a rabbit with access to run.

I have two of these cages available now as I've finished my other C&C cage for Gizmo but I've definitely got takers for them. Both going to rescues.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by doorkeeper
    5 rabbits in one of those I won't even use them for guineas unless I hook two together But joined up they are very useful, and can be used for small rabbits that way too. The bendy playsticks things are great to make a bridge over the two sides.
    I don't think she meant 5 buns in one - I think she meant she got 5 buns from Sue

Interested how you fix em together though - I got a few empty ones - can i build sommat??? ooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Angie65
    Quote Originally Posted by doorkeeper
    I don't think she meant 5 buns in one - I think she meant she got 5 buns from Sue

Interested how you fix em together though - I got a few empty ones - can i build sommat??? ooooo
    Oops misread Sorry

To put them together you have to prise the wires clamping the top of one end of each cage to the roof apart so you can remove the end.(Or you can just unclip them and fold them up but this can be awkward. then you put them next to eachother and build a bridge. You can tie the bars of the adjoining cages together to prevent them from working their way apart as the animals run from one end to the other. As this makes a 2m long cage they can build up quite a bit of speed
    Best Wishes
    Louise
    Hopper Haven And Littlefoot Sanctuary
    www.hopperhaven.org.uk
    Home of a Hundred Happy Hoppers
    A Different Smaller Viewpoint,
    The World Below the Knee Joint