• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Mum-Gone 24 Years But NEVER Forgotten

36_1_67.gif

Hi Jane,

I really understand how you feel, and I'm so sorry that you lost your wonderful mum too. It's 3 years since I lost my wonderful mum to Non Hodgkinsons, only 5 weeks after she became ill!

I wake up thinking of mum, I go to sleep thinking of mum and I often dream about her too. When I'm stuck in traffic going to work, I daydream about her, never a day goes by without my mum being on my mind. Somebody once said, you never get over losing your mum and I must admit, I truly believe that.

However, I wrote the following poem for my fantastic mum, and despite missing my mum terribly, I know that she would want me to be as happy as I possibly can be, just like your mum would want you to be too. I remember when mum lost her mum (my gran), mum had to carry on for us kids. Sadly, it's the price we pay for the unconditional love they give us, and for making us into the people we are, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Some people sadly never know such love.

Mum

I always knew the day would come
When I would lose my wonderful mum
Taken so cruelly it broke my heart
Saying goodbye tore me apart

No closer a mum and daughter could be
The warmth and love was plain to see!
But now the pain won't go away
As I close my eyes to another day!

A new day dawns and I think of mum
I feel so empty, lonely and numb!
My sadness lingers and refuses to heal
I cannot help the hurt I feel!

The day passes by, the ache doesn't fade
I recall special memories mum and I made!
No one can ever take them away
They're in my heart forever to stay!

One thing I'm sure of, she'd want me to be
The daughter mum knew, fun and carefree!
Etched on my mind is the phrase she would say:
Smile at the past, but live for today!

I was so lucky to have such a mum
Honest and caring, charming and fun!
Always so bubbly and full of zest
My mum unique, quite simply the best!

Best Wishes

Carol[/i]

Carol your poem is beautiful and I am typing this with tears running down my face. I know how you feel, my mum died 7 months ago and I am always thinking about her. I miss her so much and long to hear her voice and chat and laugh with her like we used to, but I know that she would have wanted me to get on with my life and enjoy my life like she did hers.

Jane,

there is not much I can say only thinking of you..

((hugs))

Jx

Do not stand by my grave and weep
I am not there I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sunlight on ripening grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the mornings hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night