• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you were to get another rabbit what would tempt you?

I am getting a second one - hopefully theree is a bunch of boys coming into the rescue anyday... I dont know what breed or colour they are, but I know I want another one!! lol and one is being reserved for her to go and be bonded with.

Hopefully it will be black or grey or something other than white- my mum doesnt want another white one lol... I would love a lionhead though, or a nethie.... or failing that another mini lop will do lol

If I end up getting a friend for Skittles, (Going to decide in a month or two, once I have Skittles' diet changed around and she's lost her chub :lol: ) I want it to be an easy bonding, love at first sight. not much chance of that happening, though. My little girl refused to give any licks to any of the other bunnies at the adoption day we went to. I don't think she knows she's a rabbit! :? She didn't really seem interested in any of the other bunnies, except one... Ben. They sniffed a bunch, and Ben seemed quite taken with her. Although this would end my spree of naming pets after food (Skittles, and my fish Sushi). :lol: My room is just so small, and he's a largish bun. Oh, how I wish he was a pound or so smaller! :(

Ive fallen in love with lops. Would love another. I do like the black otter colouring. I have fallen in love with a number of buns on rabbit rehome

I love black otter, grey, agouti, fawn, and other self coloured buns. I'd love a black bun too.

I didn't get to choose Deej (not that I don't love him), but luckily Dutch buns are my favourites (along with Belgian hares - don't think I'd have the space and knowledge to have one, and rex's). :D

I'd definitely have an older bun - I've never understood the obsession with getting tiny baby animals - yes they are really cute, but they soon grow up (and IMHO Buns are cute at any age)!

Hotots make me laugh - they are like goth buns - white face and black kohl & mascara eyes! lol :lol:

Forums are dangerous - we ended up with 8 rats when we only planned on having 4, because of the rescue section on the rat forum! :oops: :D

Tia's the last bunny I got, and I'd jump at getting another nethie - she's not only adorable but barely any trouble to look after, being so tiny (tiny poos and wees! :D ) She was 2 when I got her, so not exactly tame as a result of previous neglect, but she's starting to trust me more and is small enough to be easy to handle, unlike my bigger bunnies (who scare me to death :shock: ) There are lots of nethies in rescue too.... :roll:

However - until all 27 of my existing furries are sadly gone, I ain't gonna be tempted by ANYTHING :no:

I wasnt tempted at all untill i saw porky!
Because i used to have william who was also a hulstlander ,i always said if one came into rescue id have one
Guess what he did :lol:

hotintot.jpg
HOTINTOT VAL

Do you think that Snowy might have some Hotot in her?

00ec458a.jpg

bunniesoutside018.jpg

P@H just said she is a cross but they didn't know what with.

Phill has told me before that she looks like she might have a bit of rex in her, but it's hard to tell by a photo.

If I ever got another rabbit I would love a mini lop. After seeing Ali's Bella and beji in the flesh I have fallen in love with them. :love: :love:

Justine xx

i don't need tempting!i've got four already that terrorise our house but i would still have more :roll:

If I wanted another, I'd get an aggressive one or a hard-to-home (Hollie & Arthur at BARC!), but I've found that coming in from a night out at 3am, then starting to clean out litter trays for 22 buns is the best vaccination against cuteness there is!! :lol:

A dutch, I love them! But all bunnies tug at my heart strings, I think one that hadn't had the best start and deserved a bit of TLC!

My OH and I have agreed if we win the lottery that we will have a farm (we are country bumpkins) and I could have as many bunnies as I wanted! :lol:

If I won the lottery I'd have all kinds of animals who need a home. I'd make it my life work.
I absolutely love lops - my own lop Benjamin is just sooo cute. And I adore Ali's boy Barney - sooo beautiful (RIP little bun).
And Lauras bun Sophie is gorgeous too.
I have to admit - I wouldn't know one breed from the other - my Imogen looks like a wild rabbit to me - brown with big sticky up ears!

This is quite appropriate for me too, only having the one bun due to space issues. I'd love another to be a friend for Will, but I think it would be unfair to bring another bun into a space that isn't big enough :( Roll on a bigger place!
Saying that I did pop into our local pet shop today and they had baby lionhead x angora girls who were just beautiful. Had to tear myself away, when I do have another one it'll be from a rescue NOT a pet shop :)

Vicki x

Umm, I really don't know. The one bun I did have would be the decider on another bun, I'd be v.happy to just have the one. But if they seemed lonely or craved attention etc, I'd have to get another :) X

EDIT: Black and Wild coloured buns would be a little hard to turn down :love: X

well until i got the punishment from the OH...... If there was a frenchie butterfly buck baby begging for a loving home....... well id find it hard to say no, but id have to!!

Back