Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let Petshops Know What You Think!

New Kit

Hi,

I am a member of a few other forums where I know members may feel strongly about this.

Do you mind if I cross post the letter?

cheers :wink:

I'm going to write a letter this weekend to the pet shop I buy supplies from. They're generally quite good, but every time I go in there and hear one of the staff telling someone who is buying rats that they can't keep boys together I want to scream at them! I have actually talked to one of the staff and corrected him - he's a nice guy and listened but STILL told people that they couldn't be kept together. GRRARRRGH!

I think I'm in a ranting mood this week!

New Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Doncat5 View Post
    I think its a great idea, pet shops need to be told. I personally find it unbelievable that ANY pet shop is still allowed to sell livestock of any form. There may well be some good shops out there but I feel it just gives the public the wrong message and makes animals too easily available to ANYONE! Theres nothing to stop a complete idiot going into a shop buying a rabbit and keeping it in a shoebox or feeding it to a dog. This country has a huge problem with unwanted pets and the only way to get it under control is to stop breeding and stop selling. Theres a big enough supply of animals in rescues without adding to the numbers!

Oh and I buy my rabbit food from my vet and my other stuff from a small, local, non livestock selling pet shop. :wink:
    This country also has a huge problem with child abuse. People can have kids without ONE question being asked! Should all humans be given some kind of hormone drug until they complete a few years of training before being allowed to have children?

New Kit

just a question to everyone, does everyone in this forum want pet shops banned for selling live stock

If you want to discuss other topics, please start a new thread.

A forum search will also turn up previous discussions.

Tam

New Kit

well can i ask u ur opinion? without doing that

You can but if you just want one persons opinion pm is better, most people can't resist adding theirs

I think it's fairly split, some people are firmly against pet shop sales and would support a ban, others think that stricter regulations should be implemented.

Tam

New Kit

but say they banned the sales of livestock tommorrow and the only place to get animals was the rescue centres what would people do when the rescue centres ran out? would the word "pet" not exist in say 10 years

Hence there is a debate

Try a search: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/se...searchid=36536 for 'selling petshop' you'll get that point and the responses.

Tam

Great form letter, Tamsin!

To gareth: Could you please not post that same question over and over? It gets a little annoying to have the subject derailed. I already answered you in another thread.