• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woolly left for Rainbow Bridge Sunday 6/8/2006 @21.00

Poor little Woolly... gone to the bridge.... What a wonderful angel he will make..... I cuold not read your poem as I knew I would cry, will brace myself and read it soon. I feel for your loss. Hugs to you and Thumper xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear about Woolly, what a brave little chap he was and so well cared for by yourselves.

I would keep a carefull eye on Thumper to make sure that they are coping after the loss, when Beebie went Bracken went down hill and was ill with GI statis. I didn`t want to get another rabbit as it felt wrong so soon after Beebie.

But Bracken needed a companion I spoke to Lorna at Greenfields who helped, and after a homecheck by Raine we went to Bobtails and Bracken found Florence.

The rescue centres are great with so much help and guidence in difficult times.

Such sad news about your lovely Woolly. Binky free little one.

In April when Bojangles lost his beautiful Mosschops I knew straight away he needed a new friend, he was just so lost. Then when less than 2 months had passed and Poppy was taken too I felt I couldn't go through it again. However, looking at Bojangles and seeing what he needed had to be my priority. We chose Bluebelle who has brightened up both our lives. She has given Bojangles back a sense of fun and life that I have not seen in him in a long time.

I think you will know yourselves if Thumper needs a new bun. Take care.

We are so saddened to hear about Woolly, your beautiful boy :( :(
You are so kind to have left us a message in our thread about the loss of our Bear, when you are grieving yourself, thank you very, very much indeed for bring there and offering your support.
I wish Life came with a manual of how we are supposed to cope with these things, but all we can do is try and help one another through the rough times, and hope we can come out the other side smiling and with happy memories of our loved bunnies. Time is a great healer as they say, so we just take one day at a time I guess.
Sending hugs and lots of love
Adele, David and the Sanctuary bunnies

Daisylou took the plunge yesterday and went to Bobtails to see a little black & white female loop Deidre (3 years old). She is a real sweetie and we hope that Thumper will be as impressed as us :D She had just been returned that day after losing her partner and her home :( Carla nearly cried as she cuddled her, she nestled her head under Carla's arm as Woolly would do :) We are now awaiting the home visit, the bonding will take place in 3 - 4 weeks (Bobtails are extremely busy at the mo). So hopefully Thumper will have a new pal to snuggle up to in time for the Autumn :)

Adele, David and the Buns - no problem with the support folks we know it really rips your insides out and every little word of support helps towards easing the pain. I found reading the posts for Woolly helped a lot - THANKS EVERYONE. As I was saying to Carla if you lose a person close to you then everyone has no problem in supporting you. When it comes to an animal then folk arent as understanding to the pain that you feel unless they are of a kindred spirit.

Just before 21.00 I went to sit with Thumper. Afterwards I run a video of Woolly from his TV appearance :( We have now got to the point of speaking about the good times, but we still miss him immensely :cry:

Folks spookyist thing tonight. For the last week Thumper has not laid down anywhere near where Woolly passed away. Went out about 21.20 and Thumper was laying in the straw almost next to where Woolly was last Sunday :? :shock: . Anybody seen somthing similar :?: :?:

I've just caught up with this thread. I'm so sorry to hear about Woolly :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm in tears as he was such a character and your poem and tribute to him are just beautiful. There's been so many broken hearts again this month :cry: :cry: thinking of you xxx

Awwww Bless little Woolly - such a lovely character and so loved.

Thinking of you and bless little Woolly now binkying free and high with all our spirit bunster.

XXXXXX

I am so sorry for your loss - he was one amazing bunny!

I found this article ages ago but recently came back to read it after losing three bunnies leaving one left on his own and it helped me realise that although I was in pain I couldn't ignore his needs having been used to such constant companionship.

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/2-1/loss-support.html

Caz

That is so enlightening Caz and also has set me off again. the very though of a bunny patiently waiting for his partner to come back really chokes me. Ian has always said that us two foots put human thinking in to our animals and that is just not the case. I am probably not making myself clear but yes, it makes sense that they accept better if they see their mate. Just think on Greyfriars Bobby who lay beside his master's grave for 14 years waiting for him to come back.

Adele, David and the Buns - no problem with the support folks we know it really rips your insides out and every little word of support helps towards easing the pain. I found reading the posts for Woolly helped a lot - THANKS EVERYONE. As I was saying to Carla if you lose a person close to you then everyone has no problem in supporting you. When it comes to an animal then folk arent as understanding to the pain that you feel unless they are of a kindred spirit.

We understand so much!!

Love

Dear Paul and Carla, I am so sorry to hear about Woolly :cry: :cry: he was such a lucky bunny to have such devoted bunny parents :)
Thinking of you.x

Binky free Woolly.xx

I've just seen this sad news. Poor darling Woolly. His story, and your kind supportive words, Paul and Carla, really helped me back in the Spring when my Rufus went off his back legs. Woolly was such an inspiration.

Bless you, Woolly. Binky free now on your new strong legs.

Back