• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella

anon101

Banned
Very sadly Bella left us this morning for the rainbow bridge.

Bella was rescued by Mandy in May this year from appalling conditions.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=22671&highlight=neglected

Mandy very kindly took Bella in and nursed her back to good health and offered her a temporary home until she could find a permanent one.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25138&highlight=belle

I first spotted Bella on RU and after several weeks communications with Mandy and struggling to arrange a meet up date that would suit us both Bella came to live with us.

Bella bonded into my group of girls amazingly well and it did wonders for her confidence. She became a much more inquisitive and bouncy Rabbit.

A few weeks ago we noticed Bella was losing weight. We had her at the vets and spurs on her molars were discovered and attended to via a GA. This was the second GA Bella had in less then three months as Mandy had her teeth attended to as well.

Bella initially seemed to pick up well from her GA then went down hill about four days after. We noticed she had lost even more weight at her weekly weigh in even though she was still eating/drinking. She had developed a respiratory infection and a sticky bum. She was started on a course of antibiotics and probiotics.

I found Bella collapsed on her side mouth breathing when I went to feed the girls this morning. I was just going to run downstairs to phone the emergency vets when she took her last breaths and passed away.

I believe having two GA’s in the space of three months really knocked her immune system. With the weight loss, respiratory infection and the sticky bum it must of put a great strain on her and in the end it was too much to cope with.

My one comfort is she had made great friends with the other girls and I was with her at the end.

Run free my beautiful Bella, you will always be remembered.

Louise

Thank you for PMing me about this Louise.

I am so upset that this has happened, as I am sure you are too.

Thank you so much for taking such good care of her, I am very glad that she died in a wonderful home with friends around her.

Sleep well Bella, you will always be very special to me.
xx

I`m so sorry Bella has passed over, but atleast in the past months she knew what love was.

Binky free little one.................................................................
Su.x

Night night wee Bella. So sorry Louise that you have lost her...so sad

RainbowbridgeBinkyFree050806.jpg

Sorry to hear about this, but please take some comfort from the fact you gave her a wonderful home for the time she had left.

Binky free little Bella

Oh Louise I am so very sorry to hear your news about Bella :( :( :( :(
Bella was so lucky to find you and Steve to give her love and a smashing home.
Thinking of you both
love Adele, David and bunnies

Back