• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roll Call... Tell us a bit about you

Hello, thank you for letting me join.
I have two rabbits Cody and Velvet, the are quite elderly now, Cody nearly 9yrs and Velvet three months behind.
I also have two cats and 19 guinea pigs.

New member: Hello! Accidental bunny carer

Hello everyone,
I am Amy. Have one Netherland Dwarf mix and one Cinnamon (or?) Both dumped in my neighborhood a year apart.
I am in Southern California and very happy to have found you. Learning to be a house rabbit home.
Amy
Will post photos as soon as I am allowed.

Name = Kay

Area you live = Derbyshire

Why did you choose your RU name? = gaming name

Names of your rabbits = Suzi and Rose

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = Freelance Artist

One thing you didn't know about me = Everything? haha I have played at the Birmingham Symphony Hall

Name = Kay

Area you live = Derbyshire

Why did you choose your RU name? = gaming name

Names of your rabbits = Suzi and Rose

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = Freelance Artist

One thing you didn't know about me = Everything? haha I have played at the Birmingham Symphony Hall
Welcome :D can't wait to hear more about your bunnies!

What sorta games do you play? :)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Name = Anja

Area you live = UK

Why did you choose your RU name? = it is my real name

Names of your rabbits = White Rabbit (Short name - Whyty)

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = Freelance writer

One thing you didn't know about me = First time bunny parent

:D

New member here

hello, just joined and would like to introduce myself.
name: alexandra the great
i chose my username cause it's my name on the hamster forum.
i currently don't own a rabbit and i never have, but i know alot about them due to constant animal research obsessions.
i hope to own a rabbit sometime in the next year or so =)
nope, i don't work :cry::cry: jk, i'm still in school so that's my job technically.
some pets that i do have is a dwarf hamter, charlie, and a corgi mix, odin. :D

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Alexandra the Great, hope you enjoy looking around :) There is lots of information on here, and friendly members too, so if you should have a bunny friend in the future, we would love to hear about it :)

Name = Rosie

Area you live = Oklahoma

Why did you choose your RU name? = I like Hermione Granger a lot lol

Names of your rabbits = Pongo and Jessie

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = I am a student slash hotel front desk person

One thing you didn't know about me = I am obsessed with Marie Kondo... I really want to be a "tidying consultant" someday :)

I have had Pongo for five years and Jessie just fell in my lap today. I know I need some advice with this new addition to the family so look out for that.

Name = Quentin

Area you live = NYC

Why did you choose your RU name? = Always sed this username

Names of your rabbits = Jack

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = Entrepreneur

Last edited by a moderator:
Name = Charley

Area you live = England, UK

Why did you choose your RU name? = Long term username, anagram of my real name

Names of your rabbits = Binky, Bucky and Blue

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = I work as a care home assistant practitioner, helping elderly people with dementia and their nursing needs

One thing you didn't know about me = I lived in Rome for a year as a au pair when I was 20.

My boyfriend surprised me with Binky and Blue was week as an early Christmas present (we have been toying with the idea of getting a couple of bunnies since moving to our first home a year ago). He chose 2 out of the 3 that were left. However a week later we went to the vets for their first vaccination and the third bun was still there, all by himself…
Soooo, now we have 3 boy bunnies, and his name is Bucky😳
They’re currently living inside until the spring as we need to bunny proof the garden (they will have access to the whole garden when we’re home) and we also need to get a suitable hutch, possibly a shed we can convert and attach a secure run.
I’m hoping to get them all neutered as soon as I can. I haven’t had bunnies for years so wanted to join the forum incase I had any questions😁🐰

Hi welcome to the forum Charley :wave: that's a lovely story about your bunnies, they are very lucky to have found you and your boyfriend :D I hope you enjoy looking round the forum, and please keep us updated on your bunny proofing garden project. If you need any tips or advice, just ask, lots of friendly helpful folk on here :)

Hello from new bunny member

Name = Hazel

Area you live = Lockport, NY

Why did you choose your RU name? = I have many rescues from over the years but the last ones came in a sorry group of 6; currently bonded with 2 others. They are all free roam in one room with the others in pairs around the house. We began calling it the Fluffle room lol.

Names of your rabbits = Here goes lol; Morticia, Mina, Olaf, Solstice, Lan Zhan, Wei Ying, Saimhain (Sowhin), Bugs Bunny, Mianju Gui, Suyin, Su Su, Bao Bao, Brea, Beatrix, and Bunnicula.

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = I am a security guard at a health care facility. I work full-time overnights and weekend days.

One thing you didn't know about me = I married a man from Italy 16 years ago and lived in Italy for 10 years until returning to the US with him and our children 5 years ago.

We have 3 grown kids and 2 precious granddaughters along with 2 chihuahuas besides our fluffle of bun rescues.

When we relocated to this area of NY, we found that there is a nearby auction in a farm area that breeders tend to bring their 'rejects' to auction off. These are mainly sold and killed (not adding any more details). It really broke my heart. I get phone calls from a local transport for animals that will bring one to my attention if they are at risk from this auction. My last was an albino velveteen that is just wonderful but they didn't want to keep him for the pink eyes.

I have found good homes for at least 3 of our rescues for them needing more room then we can give them but couldn't just watch them be auctioned off; they are velveteens. We still have one smaller one that is our house bunny. We were also called for 6 babies in horrible condition; 3 angoras that were near death. One didn't make it even home, one bounced back fast and the last, Brea, is our miracle monster (and I mean that from the bottom of my heart lol) who made it after 6 weeks of intensive meds, feeding and care.

All our males are neutered, most girls spayed (still a couple more in line) and free roam throughout different rooms in our home-a few caged but run in groups bonded for a couple hours a day.

52567408530_d1609f9ffe_z.jpg

52567239599_59490b6b2d_m.jpg

52567487238_9dd9a86400_z.jpg

52567408545_79ff76085c_m.jpg

52567239569_2ec0bc0955_z.jpg

52567487313_ca84e9b317_m.jpg

52566964361_7f7a022f86_m.jpg

52567487303_997ef165b8_z.jpg

52566964256_1d07d38277_m.jpg

52567408500_1c8d512d87_z.jpg

52567487463_4d647a803c_m.jpg

52567487413_7e3c48267b_m.jpg

52567408690_c737d458a6_m.jpg

52567408630_587f2feb28_z.jpg

52567239644_d3e8cbb1c0_m.jpg

52566964431_0a3232b7c0_z.jpg

52567487323_5b9801d848_z.jpg

52567239909_f23a875fb6_m.jpg

Last edited:
Name = Hazel

Area you live = Lockport, NY

Why did you choose your RU name? = I have many rescues from over the years but the last ones came in a sorry group of 6; currently bonded with 2 others. They are all free roam in one room with the others in pairs around the house. We began calling it the Fluffle room lol.

Names of your rabbits = Here goes lol; Morticia, Mina, Olaf, Solstice, Lan Zhan, Wei Ying, Saimhain (Sowhin), Bugs Bunny, Mianju Gui, Suyin, Su Su, Bao Bao, Brea, Beatrix, and Bunnicula.

Do you work, if yes what job do you do = I am a security guard at a health care facility. I work full-time overnights and weekend days.

One thing you didn't know about me = I married a man from Italy 16 years ago and lived in Italy for 10 years until returning to the US with him and our children 5 years ago.

We have 3 grown kids and 2 precious granddaughters along with 32 chihuahuas besides our fluffle of bun rescues.

When we relocated to this area of NY, we found that there is a nearby auction in a farm area that breeders tend to bring their 'rejects' to auction off. These are mainly sold and killed (not adding any more details). It really broke my heart. I get phone calls from a local transport for animals that will bring one to my attention if they are at risk from this auction. My last was an albino velveteen that is just wonderful but they didn't want to keep him for the pink eyes.

I have found good homes for at least 3 of our rescues for them needing more room then we can give them but couldn't just watch them be auctioned off; they are velveteens. We still have one smaller one that is our house bunny. We were also called for 6 babies in horrible condition; 3 angoras that were near death. One didn't make it even home, one bounced back fast and the last, Brea, is our miracle monster (and I mean that from the bottom of my heart lol) who made it after 6 weeks of intensive meds, feeding and care.

All our males are neutered, most girls spayed (still a couple more in line) and free roam throughout different rooms in our home-a few caged but run in groups bonded for a couple hours a day.

A very warm welcome to the forum :D Would love to see some photos of your animals, when you get a chance and also to hear updates regarding your rescue bunnies. Also sorry, but have to ask, where do the 32 chihuahuas live?

FlyffiemomNY,
Welcome to the forum.
These bunnies are lucky to have you. My dwarf Raven was born at a rescue three days after his mom was rescued from an similar auction.
I am sure you will find this forum is filled with very supportive and knowledgeable members

Last edited:
Back