• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Berties poos are tiny????

Is he moulting? It could mean that he's having a bit of trouble moving fur through his gut. I've found that extra hydration works really well to fix this. If you can get canned pumpkin, start giving him a little every day until he's better. It has some fiber and lots of water. You could also wet his veggies down. If his water is normally in a bottle then try giving him a water bowl too, or give him a second water bowl that is slightly flavored. My buns love apple flavored Pedialyte (drink for dehydrated toddlers), or you could mix in a little vanilla or a teeny bit of unsweetened apple juice. As long as he can get regular water too in case he doesn't like the flavor you chose.

Make sure he exercises a lot too. It helps the intestines move more.

And that's all you really need to do- exercise and more water. I know I've seen hairball remedy stuff recommended here, but it's discouraged by most vets in the US now as it can make problems worse.

have u seen any strings of poo? Could be fur.. or maybe he's eaten more of something else and less hay for some reason?
You could try giving him some fresh pineapple if it could be due to hay.. or pure pineapple juice if he prefers that.. not too much tho if he's not used to it. Otherwise.. maybe cut back on pellets and give him lots of hay that usually helps my two as well :wink:

Thank you,will pure pineapple juice from a carton be ok?
Im not sure why hes like this no his poos arent stringly just small a lot smaller than they should be.
I will see how he goes if not i will get him to the vets,will keep you posted,thanks again

Giz had this last week - I gave him Kittimalt for 3 days - just a tiny bit on his front paws - he was really quite off colour but within 3 or 4 days he was ok again 0 Ive never seen anything moult as much as he has - he has an almost bare line right round where his white fur meets the ginger :cry:

i use pineapple juice and kittymalt, it seems to help Squidgy.
100% pineapple juice in cartons is fine I think.

You can use the enzyme that is the 'active ingredient' in Pineapple Juice.
Its called Bromelain and is available at health food shops. That way bun gets the enzyme but not all the sugar that is in Pineapple Juice. Lots of sugar in a bun with reduced gut motility can cause a problem.
I would also advise you get your Buns teeth checked. Smaller poops can be a sign of a dental problem
Janex

Back