• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uncle Albert -19th May U/D-Its CANCER.......

Thanks again every-one. Uncle A has just tucked into another bowl of soggy SS pellets mixed with organic sweet potato and carrot baby food.
He has had his top-up of pain relief and is now tucked up in his vetbed with Cerys. I just wish I could make him better but I dont think that is gonna happen :cry: :cry:

Janex

Just read all this after a few very busy days. Yourself, Albert and Cristabel are all amazing. You gave him a chance and he took it. Snuggles from me to. He looks so little and vulnerable in the pictures.

Adam and Loopy

Oh dear the dreaded day......... :cry:
I just want what's best for Uncle A. I have to go straight to my hospital appointment once I have dropped him and Cerys off at Cristabels. I'm gonna be in a right old state by the time I get to hospital :cry: :cry:

Janex

I will be thinking of you today Jane, hope all goes well.
Whatever happens he is a lucky bun, he has a loving home and bunny mum who takes the best care of him.xx

Oh Jane,
I`m sending masses of positive vibes for dear old unlce albert......................
And massive supportive hugs to you................................

Su.x

I don't know whether your both at the vets or not, but I'm keeping all fingers and paws crossed for you and Bertie.

Me too. Thinking of you both, I know its been a very difficult decision to make.

Have everything crossed for Uncle Albert and that all goes well today.

Deb xx

Cristabel has just called. Uncle A is still under GA, but is alive. Cristabel says she has cut away what she THINKS is a huge tumour all along his gums on the left hand side of his mouth. :( All his teeth on that side fell away too :( Cristabel asked me if I wanted her to bring UA round. I asked 'is it fare' and Cristabel said he has fought this far and actually had a 'good' GA so she thinks we should give him a chance. The tumour will be sent for Histopathology reporting.
Uncle A is still alive, but obviously his condition is now 'critical'. He may not respond to the Domitor (to reverse the GA) :cry: He may not recover from such a huge operation :cry:
OMG I hope I have done the right thing. I am still CERTAIN Cristabel would not have gone ahead with the op' if she thought it to be hopeless.
Uncle Albert needs as many healing vibes as possible.
Oh, I do hope I have done right by him

Janex

what a little fighter he is!!!

Listen to Christabel's advice and go with your gut instinct jane!

I hope he gets lots of pain relief as i bet his poor little mouth is sore :cry:

x

Oh Jane :( I'm sorry I just caught up with this. He's such a little fighter, your lovely vet wouldn't be afraid to " tell it how it is,". if she thinks it's fair to give Uncle Albert a chance then she must be right. I know it's hard to put your trust in any vet ( no matter how good) when the life of your precious bunny is in their hands. You would " know," if Albert didn't want to fight anymore.
Thinking of you both xx

Back