• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uncle Albert -19th May U/D-Its CANCER.......

I see you've been to see Cristabel, was it bad news?

Still all fingers and paws crossed down here for you and Bertie!

Cristabel managed to get a look in Uncle A's mouth whilst he was awake. It appears that all the plaque she had to cut away last time (less than 4 weeks ago) has grown back :cry: She could not see any molar spurs but could not be absolutely sure that he does not have them :cry: His mandible is also thickened :cry:
So the plan is to increase his Metacam (above the 'normal' max dose) and weigh him again in 3 days. If he has lost weight he will have to have another GA and if he arrests (which is highly likely) he will NOT be resuscitated :cry: I am in full agreement with this and it was infact me who suggested Uncle A should be allowed to go to The Bridge if he stops breathing during the GA.
The only alternative is to have Uncle A PTS without attempting another Dental. Maybe I should do that but I think if Cristabel believed Uncle A should be PTS without any more attempts at treatment she would have said so.
Somehow I doubt Uncle Albert will be with us this time next week :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Janex

Jane this must be so hard for you so soon after loosing your beloved Jack - i think you have made the right decision to give it another go xx

Alfie kennedy said:
Jane this must be so hard for you so soon after loosing your beloved Jack - i think you have made the right decision to give it another go xx

Thanks Bonnie. The good thing about TRUSTING your Vet is that you know she will 'tell it as it is' and not just go on with endless treatment that may be financially lucrative but in the end futile. I base this thought on my friends experience of spending £7000 on endless diagnostic tests for her dog, even when it was obvious the dog was terminally ill. The treating Vet just kept on taking the money and of course my friend kept paying.The dog eventually died and no diagnosis was ever found. Sometimes saying when it is time to call it a day is as important for a Vet to do as is coming up with some obscure diagnosis for which there may be no treatment anyway.Sorry :oops: what happened to my friend still bugs me!!
I trust Cristabel 100% and in general I dont 'do' trust :roll:

Janex

:cry:

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry, I'm praying that something can be done to make Bertie feel better.

Big hugs coming your way too

Uncle Albert is in too much discomfort to wait til the end of the week to attempt another GA/Dental/Plaque debridement. So it is being done tomorrow. Neither Cristabel or I are optomistic about the outcome :cry: :cry:
I have to go to hospital tomorrow too so all in all it is unlikely to be a good day.
:cry: :cry:

Janex

Will be thinking of you and Albert, Jane. You are doing the very best you can for him, I do hope he gets through it OK.

Nicola

I really dont want to loose dear old Uncle A........ :cry: :cry:

Picture810.jpg

Janex

Jane, if you do lose him, just remember that you did all the right things by him. He will have known nothing but love and happiness in his time with you. I will have all my fingers crossed that he pulls through the op.

AMETHYST

Back