• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

progress with nervous buns i think

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Tonight I sat out with Eddie and Elsa in their run. Eddie is the braver of the 2 and did venture out of the hutch while I was sat there but Elsa didn't come out. However she did take a dandylion leaf from my hand from the safety of the hutch :D Hope it doesn't get set back again tomorrow after I put them in the carrier and take them to the vet for their vacs :(

I've had my rabbits months and still can't stroke them - but they are more trusting of me now and happy with me next to them, so that's a good feeling :)

Ted was always very shy around us when he was a baby, he adores his cuddles now though, just take your time and be patient, they trust you eventually!

Milly was very like that just a week ago. This morning she came up to me at "treat time" (just before I go out the door to work on a monring) and although very nervous was actually was more bothered about getting her treat that running away. I think it helps that she sees Jack practically running vertically up my legs to get his treat!! She didn't stay for a stroke though but one step at a time.

I hand feed Milly her dinner every night and its having great results.

Back