• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is nothing ever easy

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
For ages now ive wanted to make a large outdoor run but i couldnt afford to buy stuff to make one
I had two fold down 4ft runs so i had this great idea of taking two sides off each one and attaching them together but ive just took each side off,but the two joins at the top meet which means there is about a 2" gap down each side i just wanted to use the screws to join them back together,so how do i fill the gaps in now?

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice, but I'd thought of doing the same - I have a 6ft run and was going to buy a second to add to it. I look forward to seeing the suggestions made!!
Jane

i did the same thing, i bought some metal plates from b&q with pre drilled holes in them they were about 5x2inches and i used those to attach the runs

Jayney said:
i did the same thing, i bought some metal plates from b&q with pre drilled holes in them they were about 5x2inches and i used those to attach the runs
Do you have a pic?

Heres the problem
without ripping the top off im not sure what to do
ive got nothing here i can fill the gap with
1115.jpg

the gap was slightly narrower than yours but not much

not sure what they are called but they were in the section near the hinges and they do come in lots of different sizes

maybe you could get some narrow pieces of wood slightly wider than the gap, drill and then screw them in?

Or if you are not going to be moving it around much use a few small pieces of wood to attach the sides to each other, and then cover with wire to fill any remaining gaps?

Or use hinges to attach at the top as there doesn't look like there's a gap there and wire down the sides?

Jayney said:
the gap was slightly narrower than yours but not much

not sure what they are called but they were in the section near the hinges and they do come in lots of different sizes
Did you take anything off to make the gap narrow?

Well ive just finished painting it,and now its chucking it down so i wont get to finish it today :(
Also while i was packing everything away i realised i dont need to buy any wire as i removed the two end panels one its being used as a roof the other i can take to peices and fill the gaps with the wire off the panel :oops: (silly me!)

Back