• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

my little runt

one of my rabbits that i took from a lady a few weeks ago had babies last week and they are doing fine. But i was just wondering is there anything i can do to make the runt abit stronger cause im slightly worried about him. She had four babies and the runt is quite abit smaller than the others. Im worried that he cud be quite weak

my rabbit had babies and the runt ended up being the strongest as she has to fight for her dinner just keep an eye on her but as long as mum doesnt get upset i would think he would be fine
hope this helps x

What breed are they? Netherlands can have 'peanuts' which are usually half size of normal babies and unfortunately don't usually live past a few weeks old. I think it's do with getting an extra dose of the dwarfing gene.

Tam

When aspen had her litter she did have arunt too. I thought we were going to lose her, so i made sure that she got extra nursings. I held aspen on her back or stood her up and held the kit to a nipple so she could suckle for a little bit. The extra nursings help her 'catch up' in size and strength.

they are bout 8 days old
im bit worried bout him now as he is half the size of the others and wen i picked himher up he/she was sucking my finger. Which suggest he/shes hungary?? Do you think i shud try to hand rear

Back