Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duphapen

Default Duphapen

Well took alfie for his post op check
    And now a 3rd vet has told me they wont prescribe Duphapen,this vet actaully said it kills rabbits ,i said funny that as i know at least 2 people who have used it with sucsess,he said baytril is stronger than Duphapen and that isnt strong enough to kill the puss (yeah whatever)
    He said just leave him untill you feel he has no quailty of life,im sorry but i cant do that,why wont anybody help us
    i feel so upset

Binky free Bridge bunnies Claude,Alfie,Lilac And Miffy and Vinnie,Never forgotten xxx

I saw the new year in on RU x

Wise Old Thumper

Default Re: Duphapen

Quote Originally Posted by bluebunny
    And now a 3rd vet has told me they wont prescribe Duphapen,this vet actaully said it kills rabbits ,i said funny that as i know at least 2 people who have used it with sucsess,he said baytril is stronger than Duphapen and that isnt strong enough to kill the puss (yeah whatever)
    He said just leave him untill you feel he has no quailty of life,im sorry but i cant do that,why wont anybody help us
    i feel so upset
    maybe its time to sort another vets marie, my vet is bloody expensive but tend to do everything by the book!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnylove
    i feel so upset
    maybe its time to sort another vets marie, my vet is bloody expensive but tend to do everything by the book!
    Eve i have been to 3 practices now

Binky free Bridge bunnies Claude,Alfie,Lilac And Miffy and Vinnie,Never forgotten xxx

Wise Old Thumper

i feel so upset
    well you could try a fourth, but can all the vets you are attending be wrong?

i feel so upset
    Yes im looking into it
    Well im starting to wonder but then how come other vets are prescribing it and there rabbits have recovered,and havent died?

Wise Old Thumper

i feel so upset
    Yes im looking into it
    Well im starting to wonder but then how come other vets are prescribing it and there rabbits have recovered,and havent died?

dont know marie maybe hes just not the right candidate for that drug its seems rather odd that three would refuse to give a drug that a bunny required.

i feel so upset
    Yes im looking into it

dont know marie maybe hes just not the right candidate for that drug its seems rather odd that three would refuse to give a drug that a bunny required.
    Well at least one of these rabbits has the same absess as alfie,caused by the same probs,its hard to hear a vet say,just leave him untill evently he has to be pts,when something could actually help

Wise Old Thumper

i feel so upset
    Yes im looking into it

Well at least one of these rabbits has the same absess as alfie,caused by the same probs,its hard to hear a vet say,just leave him untill evently he has to be pts,when something could actually help

not sure how it works but cant you demand they give it? or call every vets you are able to get to and explain what you need on the phone and if they would proscribe it?

i feel so upset
    Yes im looking into it

not sure how it works but cant you demand they give it? or call every vets you are able to get to and explain what you need on the phone and if they would proscribe it?
    Thats what im planning on doing,im going to start ringing around on mon

Wise Old Thumper

have you got a p@h with an attached vets ie....compainion care! near you marie? they are open all weekend and are pretty up with new treatments!