• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What other toys can i put in run/hutch...

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Alfie and Holly don't play with the treat balls or rattles etc so i don't bother with them, even though Alfie is a chewer he doesn't chew wood sticks of carboard box's i give him (just my sofa and the taupauline and the leg of the hutch).

In the run/hutch at the moment i have box filled with hay that they don't really bother with.

a tube

a small step that Holly likes to sit under

two big litter trays that they seem to spend all of their time in!

what else can i put in there to make it more interesting - i don't want them to get bored with the current set up!!! oh..i also brought one of those grassy hutch things with holes in. Didn't really bother with that either!!

Any ideas??

thanks

Mine love plant pots! :roll: I fill them with hay and a tasty treat at the bottom. They love chucking them around!
They also have a 3x2 area (with mesh underneath) that they love to dig in, escpecially Ruby. A large tub filled with mud does the trick too!

Thanks HS..will try some pot plants!!

Alfie loves to dig the corner of the garden so can i put some compost in a big litter tray???

bet he ignores it and just sits in it!!

Well it's worth a try! I must say, Ruby prefers to dig up the garden when she's allowed in it, rather than their lovely pit! Bunnies, eh? :roll:

Wilkinsons do some good bunny toys. We got a chewable carrot toy and a chewable pineapple which then love to throw around. Also cat jingle ball things, they like that but you need to watch they don't chew it. They also do these wooden 'kebab' type things that you clip on to their cage for them to gnaw at.

Other than that, willow balls are good, mine love to chew on theirs!

Try putting their toys into the litter trays.
They get so cross and end up picking them up and throwing them around.
So inadvertantly they play with them :lol: :lol:

Works every time with my lot, it turns into an hours play without them even knowing.

They get so cross and end up picking them up and throwing them around.
So inadvertantly they play with them

:lol: like that idea!

Last night Alfie spent about 45 mins in the garden playing with taupauline!! chewing it and burrowing it!! Holly came over to play with it to to see what the fuss was about but she couldn't see the attraction!

I bought willow balls from pets at home,also like a long willow logy thing,and rabbit logs you get all these at pets at home(hark at me I ought to have shares lol)The willow balls are good as they play with them as well as chew they last ages, :D

Back