• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog Crate Set Ups

catatonic

New Kit
After reading about dog crates on here I have invested in a 48"x30" dog crate for Dewi and Daisy. I am not sure how to go about setting it up for them to live in, can any of you give some advice or post some pictures of how some of you have set up yours?

Hello, I was literally just about to post up about my own! :lol:

Well.. I brought one yesterday, I think the size smaller than yours but then I only have one bunny.

I've just finished setting it up for him again after getting some handy hints today.

I've lined mine with newspaper, and have a shoe box lid full of shavings and hay and poop to scent it, as a litter tray in the far corner. There's more hay next to it in a big pile which he is currently wading his way through.

I unraveled a toilet roll (much to my mum's annoyance!) and have packed some hay into that too which he had great fun earlier throwing about.

I brought one of those wooden shelter things which is serving as a tunnel at the moment and a gnawing post which he loves and lies full stretch through it.

And that's it apart from food at the moment.

Over the weekend my dad or boyfriend is going to create a second level for him which hopefully he'll like!

Hope that helps and good luck! xx

Hi,

I have just put a shelf in my crate, got the instructions from the forum
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/tam/viewtopic.php?t=12644

There is a piece of vet bed, a hay rack and a carrot holder on the shelf and the following on the bottom - litter tray, another hay rack, two food bowls (one for pellets, one for excel forage) water bottle, straw mat, willow ball, various toys (balls, squeaky mouse etc) a toilet roll, a small card board box for chewing/playing.......mmmm think thats about it, oh and a mineral stone/wooden block chewing block on rope from P@H :D

Sweetie says
I have just put a shelf in my crate, got the instructions from the forum
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/tam/viewtopic.php?t=12644

There is a piece of vet bed, a hay rack and a carrot holder on the shelf and the following on the bottom - litter tray, another hay rack, two food bowls (one for pellets, one for excel forage) water bottle, straw mat, willow ball, various toys (balls, squeaky mouse etc) a toilet roll, a small card board box for chewing/playing.......mmmm think thats about it, oh and a mineral stone/wooden block chewing block on rope from P@H

Sounds excellent we would love to see some piccies if you have them.

Janice

Ive only got piccies from a distance at the moment but im lending my moms digital camera tomorrow so ill post some more piccies on monday!

Back