• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carrier for French Lop Top Opener Where can I get One?

Oh whilst on the subject, i have to just say that i wouldn't recommend a Savic 'Trotter' front-opening carrying box for a big rabbit like a frenchie.

As i found out one morning when were boxing them up to go to a show, the sheer weight of the frenchie meant the bottom section pulled away slightly from the top section, causing the wire door on the front to literally just drop out of the door-holding slots!! (not kidding!!)

End product is frenchie fallen out throught the front & onto the ground!!

Although the box has the size, its misleading because it doesn't seem to cope very well with the weight aspect, & the gravity caused by a big bunny causes the door to drop out.

Atlas do both a closed system and an open topped model. The Atlas 20 and 30 as an 'open' model are both a reasonable size.

Janice

Hi,

Thanks everyone, I think I will go with the Savic Pet Caddy 2. I've spoken to the company that sells them and the 2 is bigger than the one by quite a few inches.

It is also a very reasonable price.

I knew I could rely one you all for help, thanks Cheryl for your advice which is very much appreciated.

Maureen and Billy

Back