• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold Nights

hi

Don't the rabbits chew all that stuff Louise? I know mine would, but your environment is a tad more interesting than my concrete patio :D

The covers do have a few chew marks already :? They don't seem to fancy the thermawrap but a couple of them really liked the backing tape off it :lol: I had to lock Zebs in a guinea hutch while I did theirs as he got stroppy and tried to bite me when I wouldn't let him have the roll :roll:
As a precaution I have taped the open edges of the thermawrap to the hutches as I don't think it would be good for them to eat it. But that may backfire as they seem to like the gaffer tape :?
The good thing is there is plenty to do out there. There is always someone in an adjoining run to argue with, there are binkies and mad dashes to perform, there are holes to dig, leaves to find, mud to clean off your paws and gates to chew on - that seems to be their fav. Bramble has nearly eaten through the bottom of his :roll:
Zebs and Isadora were chewing on the top of the hutch in the aviary, but they haven't done that out in the big run.

My lot had Frost on the inside of the Kennels on Satuday!! :shock: :shock: But there alright plenty of hay and paper and they all seem to be spending the cold evenings outside anyway! they have nice thick fur coats to keep em warm!

I'd like to leave the run on the front of Alfie's hutch all night but feel that it could be unsafe if a fox enters the garden?

do you you cover the run up at night to or just cover the top bit up??

I cover the top half of Pip's with a blanket and also half of the run with a thick sheet so she has some protection from the cold if she decides to sleep downstairs!! With Amy's I just cover the top half up.

Back