• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Environmental Stuff!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
I was reading rabbiting on the other night about the 'how environmentaly friendly are you' thing.

I have to say that we are fairly environmentaly friendly in my household. All the rabbit waste gets composted as do and veggie scraps. We have our own chickens for eggs and run deisel cars.

All paper, tin/metal, plastic, cardboard anything which can be recycled is recycled. If we have things like wood which we don't need we burn it rather than fill up a landfill with it. If we need to go out we have a list of things to do whilst we go so as not to make to many car journeys. The buns get vegetables which are in season and hay from a local farmer who grows it himself. we try as much as we can to use local shops rather than big chain stores. We try to dry our clothes over the radiators rather than the tumble dryer (admitedly in this weather it's hard to do).

I was just wondering what sort of things you lot do???

Bryn is so much more into recyling then I am, he collects everything and we take it all in, the only problem we have is plastic bags. No one will recycle them, so we've a big store of them.

The council has kindly brought us three green bins, so the bunny waste goes in there.

All veg is bought from the local farm and Bryn only eats organic meat, but my god it's expensive £7 for a tiny chicken. I run a car and drive a lot (although it's only four months old so quite effeicent on fuel), Bryn doesn't drive at all and cycles everywhere.

Hay is bought locally as we but bails.

My heating is on a lot, I use a dishwasher, tumble dryer and I take baths in stead of showers :?

Did you know though Tree that A bath uses 200ltrs of water where as a shower uses 300???So your actually better to have a bath and share it with Bryn!!!

Phill said:
Did you know though Tree that A bath uses 200ltrs of water where as a shower uses 300???So your actually better to have a bath and share it with Bryn!!!

Really I never knew that :shock: . Bryn aint that exciting :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeh really! But you can obviously be quicker in a shower. So if your shower is only 5 mins long you will use less water! But whose shower is 5 mins long!!! I know mines not!

we recycle all our bottles, paper, card plastic and tins, I give all my clothes to charity shops rather than bin them.

I have to take baths, no shower (poxy housing) the heating has to be on all the time or off all the time (storage heaters...even more poxy housing :roll: ) but I only put them on in the bedrooms and living room and leave doors open ;)

we have a car but only use it for going out of town, never drive in town thats what we have legs for :lol: unless the kids are ill or to take coby to the vets

I fed my boys myself so no artificial baby milk rubbish, they wore terry nappies so no dumped never dissapear nappies so I think I do my bit

I have never got ali to share a bath yet! But then again normal baths are too small for him ad me to both get in!!! :lol: :lol: I hate our batha home it's one of those jecusy (sp) things and you can fit 3 people in it! I think it takes about 600ltrs to fill it! so we never do!

hate our batha home it's one of those jecusy (sp) things and you can fit 3 people in it! I think it takes about 600ltrs to fill it! so we never do!

:roll: SNOB :lol: :lol: I will swap you, you can have our bath and I will take that one....I would never get out just keep topping it up and live in it :lol:

OMG i hate it! I would much rather have a normal bath! Im so short that i can't actually be comfortable in it and strtch my legs out cause i go under the water! I would rather have a little Bath!

cazza269 said:
Bryn aint that exciting

:shock: poor Bryn, is it time for a makeover or an upgrade :shock: :lol:

a shared bath is always nice Soad :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I would but can't get Bryn away from the gaming stations long enough :lol: :lol:

just thought...maybe its a having kids thing, the bath is kinda the final frontier...the only place left where we can escape child free :wink: :lol:

SOAD said:
the only problem we have is plastic bags. No one will recycle them, so we've a big store of them.

I think Tescos have a thing where you can put in the plastic bags and they recycle them!!!!! (I think anyway! :wink: ) :lol: :lol:

My Tesco doesn't have that though I have seen them in other ones. I use their bags for life to avoid having plastic bags take over my house. I have things to recycle overflowing in my kitchen and on my porch as they don't collect from my group of houses as we are up loads of steps :roll: I have been recycling everything since 1989 and never had any help yet :?
I compost everything it is possible to compost, buy my electricity from ecotricity - a windfarm in the cotswolds, and generally do everything I can not to cause environmental damage. It still isn't enough though :?

Back