• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Little Nethie...

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
...Chloe with the bladder that dont work properly. Thankfully she is a good girl and is ok about being 'emptied' by me...Bless her!! Jane and Buns xx
rabbits087.jpg

she's beautiful - reminds us a lot of Jaro :) - especially the way she is sitting there :) - is she Polish ?

Jaro also had bladder problems and had to be 'expressed' by us daily for the best part of 9-10 months before he finally left for the bridge.

How do you find the expressing ? - we couldn't find any info on it apart form the vet showing us, but I remember being really nervous and worried that I was causing him damage while doing it.

He was so patient with us, I think he knew it was doing him good, as he couldn't pee at all and it used to build up very quickly in his bladder.

Martin + Pam

Martin E said:
she's beautiful - reminds us a lot of Jaro :) - especially the way she is sitting there :) - is she Polish ?

Jaro also had bladder problems and had to be 'expressed' by us daily for the best part of 9-10 months before he finally left for the bridge.

How do you find the expressing ? - we couldn't find any info on it apart form the vet showing us, but I remember being really nervous and worried that I was causing him damage while doing it.

He was so patient with us, I think he knew it was doing him good, as he couldn't pee at all and it used to build up very quickly in his bladder.

Martin + Pam
Chloe has a calcium metabolism problem resulting in very sludgey wee. She can wee, but does not fully empty herself so the sludge builds up. Bunny bladders are very delicate so you have to be very careful to express them from the top of the bladder up to the 'outlet'. I usually give Chloe some Buscopan which is an anti-spasmodic/analgesic if her bladder feels very full. It seems to prevent any post manual expression bladder contractions which would no doubt be painful for a bun. Jane and Buns xx

JCO said:
I usually give Chloe some Buscopan which is an anti-spasmodic/analgesic if her bladder feels very full. It seems to prevent any post manual expression bladder contractions which would no doubt be painful for a bun. Jane and Buns xx

Can you only get this from a vet ? - or is it available form the chemists ?

As for the expressing, that's the way we were shown, apply the pressure carefully and be sure not to block the exit while applying pressure. It took us a while, but we got a routine going with him which he kinda reluctantly fell in with.

He got to sit on Pam and get pampered for a while afterwards, he used to snuggle into her arms (he was a real softie lap-bun).

Good luck with Chloe - she is a real beauty :)

Martin+Pam

Buscopan is a pharmacy controlled drug. Humans use it for Irritable Bowel Syndrome :oops: :oops: Jonathan Ross could do with some...or is it irritable VOWEL syndrome he suffers from... :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

JCO said:
Buscopan is a pharmacy controlled drug. Humans use it for Irritable Bowel Syndrome :oops: :oops: Jonathan Ross could do with some...or is it irritable VOWEL syndrome he suffers from... :lol: :lol: Jane and Buns xx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martin+Pam

Back