• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed on grunting bunnie

jodi

Young Bun
hi guys need a bit of advice qbout my bun we have no idea how old he is as he was a rescue the vets were going to put hi down unless we had him as they dot have a nurse over night but he has just started to run round grunting an shaking his head he is deaf an un neutered as he is too under weight at the moment any advice would be great

sounds like he is in lurrrvvve with you :D :wink: :D :lol: is he circling your feet as this, with the grunting is a sign that he see's you as a mating partner :wink: :lol: :lol: its a classic for un-neutered buns :lol: :lol: wait till he decides you need abit of watering too :lol:

I would get his ears checked out by a vet though if he is shaking and scratching them alot :wink:

i think u may be right with thinking that im his partner whenever i go near him now the grunting an circling starts i hope we cn get him t put some weight on asap as the watering things has started as i have a female bunny who has free run of the house so when i let him out he thought my sofa needed watering as that is where sage sits

awwww, its a good thing Jodi, it means he is very happy and loves you loads :wink: :D 8) 8) as for the weight issue, there are some handy tips on here somewhere about how to get a bun to put on weight, one of them being oats :D

ah the classic honk!

i remember laying on the couch and bump jumping up and sitting on my tummy. suddenly there was a little honk and i got very warm. i think it was her way of telling me that she was most definately the boss!

(the op came soon after)

do you get circled with smelly poop too? scribble's classic was running around me honking, if she didnt get any attention id ahve my feet dug and then came the stinky poops if she still didnt get any attention.

Mine grunt at me when they want to be let alone or I am doing something they dont like.

Eamon does it when i am stroking him but hes a bit grumpy anyway.

Squishie & Anna when I am doing something they dont like like moving the hay/sawdust around in their pens.

But I know its a good thing too sometimes!

Red will come and lie on your chest for a groom and will thump and grunt if you aren't paying enough attention to her.

For some reason she will not leave me alone in the evenings and her "dad" is only second best..... he he

My Dylan grunts:

firstly it was before he had his lads op!! The whole circling grunting and circling before he was on your leg. He loved my husbands tracksuit trousers and their relationship has never been the same since :lol: :D :D

But also and I find this funny he always grunts when he gets mad. He has pet hates dustpan and brushes for example and will go bonkers if you go remotely near him with one. It scared me a bit at first so given he is 6kg and not small with gnashers to match I comply usually comply and laugh.

Equally funny was his reaction to the dog we pet sit she is a very smally and scardy cav king charles. She was very curious as to what to make of him and sniffed a bit too close got grunted at lunged and and she scuttled off terrified!!!!

lucycat said:
But also and I find this funny he always grunts when he gets mad. He has pet hates dustpan and brushes for example and will go bonkers if you go remotely near him with one. It scared me a bit at first so given he is 6kg and not small with gnashers to match I comply usually comply and laugh.

I have experienced that too, the evil dustpan! Little mouths, deadly teeth I think so I leave them to it if I hear that with a little head rub and tell them to stop being so daft! :lol: :lol:

Back