• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 3 vs 1 - *Dear Phill*

WonderBunn

Alpha Buck
As we have had the 3 outside buns indoors because of the fireworks we thought we would see how they get on....again.

They have been pen by pen (2 sets of panels between) since Friday night til last night when I took one of the walls down to see how it went. They looked at each other a bit but nothing either promising or bad. After the last meeting I am convinced Eamon is quite in love with Squishie bless (they would be little & large if ever together!)

So this morning they were both in the pen with it seperated. They was some attempts from Thora at first to atttack through the seperation a bit, Anna had a little go at Squishie. Then Thora started with Eamon and a little with Anna, is this her reaffirming her dominance? They had little fights with each other after that but not much more with Squishie.

Any advice to if this is good/bad/other

Little update. Decided to let the wall down between them and let the 4 of them run free whilst I stood over them ready to pounce.

The star crossed lovers do not see to be that much in love any more, they had a little tiff and I pulled them apart (complete with fur flying have a nice pic of the fur which I will post when I get home), then Thora and Squishie had a go, pulled them apart and then I thought it was going well with Anna & Squish as Squishie was being very submissive, head down, lying down in front of her and then they had a little session of fighting!

So not sure where to go now!!!

Not really, the place where they are at the moment is Squishies territory if anyones but she is not the one acting like a bunny out to defend her space, she defends when she is threatened or lies down in a submissive pose.

They have been pretty much everywhere in the house so hard to find a total netural area! Dont think the bath is big enough for all 4!!!

Hoya Alex im sorry i missed this!!! Firstly what sexes are the buns and are they nuetered/Spayed? Also what type of flooring is in your bathroom???

No problem Phill, I just know you are experienced with this stuff!!!

3 = 2 girls & 1 boy (mum, dad & daughter) all neutered

Squishie is a girlie and neutered.

Carpet on the bathroom floor

Right! You shouldn't have a problem then really! 3 girls 1 boy! Ok first try to introduce all the girls to the boy seperatly and then introduce all the girls to each other seperatly this will let you know where your problems lye! Once you have found this out take that bunny or that couple of bunnys and keep up with the seperate play times. Do this for all but for any problem ones a bit more reguarly. after about 10 days start introducing another bunny to the play times, if you put one bunny down and then two together it usually makes it easier!

if you have a floor somewhere in the house which is wooden or lino, try to use this one as you can clean it and they can't easily leave there sent on it.

I hope that makes sense!!!

Ok heres the first entry to the bonding diary.

Seen as Eamon lives with Anna & Thora I thought they were all well acquainted so I brough Eamon and put him in the kitchen with Squishie. What puzzles me as they are not as inquisitive as I would have hope. Doesnt help that Eamon is scared of everything!

They keep coming nose to nose, few nips and a little more. They didnt go totally at it and could sit close to eat other without going at each other on sight (does that make sense??)

They were together for 1 hr ish, not put off by it but my need a few more sessions.

Should I keep at it with these 2 until they are comfy with each other or try Squishie with one of the girls from the 3some of buns.

hi

ooh I'm interested in this too since Benny rejected Tia and I have 4 beauties in a shed with no man to keep them company yet...If I read Phill's post right, you should be introducing Squishie to all the rabbits in turn, not just the boy - lots of time consuming bonding sessions though - I can't imagine how I'd fit it in :?

Once Squishie has met all the girls you will know which particular girl there is a problem with - in which case Phill says to give that pair a few extra bonding sessions as well as keeping up with the bonding sessions with the other rabbits in the group (take a fortnight of work? :lol: )

Then after a fortnight of this, if there's no bloodshed, put 2 of the group with Squishie for sessions, over another fortnight, and so on, until by next summer you are there! We hope!!! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds good to me Alex! Now try the other girls with squishie and give eamon a few more sessions with her. It shouldn't take too long only if you get a problem and Squishy and eamon don't sound as if they have a problem it's just gonna take time to figure out whos boss! Well Done Alex XX :D

Thanks Phill & Elve!

Today hopefully I will get Eamon and Squishie back together for a session and then Squishie and Thora maybe, which if ever of the girls decide that I can pick them up!!

Squishie will be wondering whats going on all these bunnies being thrown at her and all I can think the other think is 'whos that big mamma?!?!?!?' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next installment soon!

Ok so today Anna and Squishie met, Anna is a bit braver than Eamon so was hopping about a bit more. They kepp meeting nose to nose and nothing really happened, quite subdue until....they started, 1 bigish strap. Shouldnt laught but these bunnies fighting or scrapping can be amusing. Like to 2 school girls! They were both on there sides go for it so pulled them apart and Squish had a big lump of hair hanging for her mouth.

After this nothing really happened, Anna stuck to the corners of the kitchen and didnt really move, Squishie carried on running around a few binkies too and her favourite pass time...eating!!!

So a few more sessions there me thinks but it could all work out yet!

Tomorrow morning Squishie & Thora, I suspect bad things from these 2 but you never know!

Signing off for now :D

This sounds promising to me Alex! A little bit of higherachy (sp) to sort out but i think Squishie's getting there!!

Back