• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Echaneachia (SP)

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
I can't spell it but you know what i mean??

It was suggested on here that i try this with Alfie as he has snuffles.

How much do i give? i am sure its a couple of drops but for how long for?

Also, he doesn't drink that much water so can i syringe feed it to him??

he is on antibiotics at the mo so is it ok to give it while he is on antibiotics??

Thanks

Bonnie x

I have just had a quick lookie on some websites and there doesn't seem to be a recommended dose as such - it did say that extemely high doses were tested on animals with no ill effect.
I always drink green tea with echinacea (can only spell it because I have a pack on my desk) during the winter months and it is recommended to boost your immune system.
I would put a few drops in his water bottle along with some apple juice to encourage him to drink more and continue with it for as long as you like.

Hi Towsbuns,

Thanks for that - i think i'll give him a few drop a day or something, good idea re the apple juice!

Bonnie x

A couple of drops in some water is all they need, you can always use one of those tiny bottles so that you are not always wasting a lot. Lorna at Greenfields empties (not sure if it is all or part) a cranberry and echinasea tea bag on to their food which they apparently love.

Janice

I've used Echinacae with rats - one drop per rat.
However, you're not meant to use it constantly - a break of 1-2 weeks is recommended so that an 'immunity' doesn't build up.
I was doing 2 weeks with and 2 weeks without, otherwise it can become less effective (and the human guidelines warn you not to use it for more than 8 weeks in a row)

I was told to use this when I had glandular fever and my dad took it for many years which is what the doctors think prolonged his life and fight against cancer. I would recommend it although I had'nt thought about it for our pets but would imagine that it would help their immunity system too :D :D

I used it a few years ago for a bun I had with me, who lived with me for ages when I was the isolation area of ARC and just had the snuffly buns with me.

Lorna at Greenfields has been using it on one of her own rabbits who has a 'sludgy bladder' and snuffles, she uses half of a tea bag of cranbery and echinasea sprinkled on to their food each day.

Janice

jrn1310 said:
I used it a few years ago for a bun I had with me, who lived with me for ages when I was the isolation area of ARC and just had the snuffly buns with me.

Lorna at Greenfields has been using it on one of her own rabbits who has a 'sludgy bladder' and snuffles, she uses half of a tea bag of cranbery and echinasea sprinkled on to their food each day.

Janice

is that actually the tea leaves out of the tea bag Janice :?: as I was looking at my camomile tea the other day wondering if abit of that in some water and then drained off would have helped Eddie as he was abit stressed with the fireworks :(

Lorna empties half the tea bag on to their dried food, they certainly eat it without any problems. Certainly cannot be any easier than that, and probably better than adding it to the water as at least you know they have eaten it.

Janice

I use Echinacea in a tincture form. I give 5 drops in a small amount of water via a syringe when needed.

Louise

Back