• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rudy is goint to Vets on Friday

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I have made Rudy an appointment at the Vets as I think he may be loosing his sight or he has a problem. He only drinks out of the water bottle when I hold it to his mouth, I have put a bowl in also. He always holds his head up as if he is trying to see. When I feed him he always smells my hand and follows it down to the dish.
I really feel bad that I hadn't noticed it sooner.

Awwww MYpoor little man ... I hope he is ok, he is one of the sweetest rabbits I have met. My Daughter keeps saying "oh Mum if only Rudy was up for rehoming"

He is the sweetest little chap, I just couldn't rehome him, the minute I saw him and the state he was in it was just love at first sight, he as been through so much and never bats an eyelid or gets annoyed.

5cutebunnies said:
Awwww MYpoor little man ... I hope he is ok, he is one of the sweetest rabbits I have met. My Daughter keeps saying "oh Mum if only Rudy was up for rehoming"

:p :p :p :p

MINE all MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

aww, seriously Kay, keep us updated on Sophie's little boyf, she has been asking about him :wink:

Fight fight hes MINE!!!!!! I hope he will be ok. Is it something to do with the amount of fluff? Is he drinking from the bowl? Perhaps he needs bonded soon if he will get worse as the blind bun jay got relied a lot on her partner

He has had a little from the bowl so I am glad about that, You are right about bonding though. When I was cleaning him out today I put him out with one of my girls (Bonnie) and I felt really sorry for him as she would go up to him and then run away and he would be sat there wondering where she had gone (blees him).

kayj said:
He has had a little from the bowl so I am glad about that, You are right about bonding though. When I was cleaning him out today I put him out with one of my girls (Bonnie) and I felt really sorry for him as she would go up to him and then run away and he would be sat there wondering where she had gone (blees him).

Hows about opal and then i can steal both of them!!! :twisted:

Errrrrrrr I don't think so Phill, Opal as got your name on her, I just want you to come and take her to her lovely new home :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would let you have any of my buns (within reason) but Rudy is staying with me. So are the Giants :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel left out cos I haven't seen Rudy :( :( P-L-E-A-S-E will you post a piccy? I have a blind Orange Rex, Orlaith. She had quite a few homes before she came here as every-one said she was a horrible aggressive rabbit :( :( But she was only aggressive cos people didn't realise she was 100% blind and consequently terrified. She's OK now though!! :D JCO and Buns xx

kayj said:
Errrrrrrr I don't think so Phill, Opal as got your name on her, I just want you to come and take her to her lovely new home :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would let you have any of my buns (within reason) but Rudy is staying with me. So are the Giants :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh pooh!!! Are you Sure???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC00993.jpg

Well Rudy's eyesight seems fine the only problem they could see but isn't a problem as such is that he as Albino pigment behind is eyes. So it looks like Rudy is doing it for attention and guess what when I brought him home he went straight to his water bottle and started drinking. Think I will nominate him for an oscar has he was very convincing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

awwww im glad hes ok and theres nothing wrong with him

he likes playing tricks on you to keep you on your toes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back