• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping...again!

Angel

Young Bun
Hi everyone, not visited for ages and some of you won't probably remember me it was that long ago, but when I last came on I had a problem with Sooty (Doe) humping Stew's (Buck) head. Well it passed and for months nothing happened, but recently it has started to happen again and now Stew has a big bald patch on his back. :(

Apart from seperating them which I would like to avoid if possible what else is there I can do to discourage her from doing this and hurting him? Is there anything I can spray there to put her off grabbing him? I'm in a right tis was over it all! :?

Hiya

I don't know how to resolve the problem but I just thought I'd say that I have the same problem! Blossom humps Patches' head :( Is yr little girl spayed? As I think mine does it for dominance... Patches is neutered so is fairly dosile.

Just a thought - hope things get better :)

Sarah

Yeah both have had the op so to speak! 8) I just feel so sorry for him, it is a dominence thing with her, but I just don't want him to end up with sores because of her. :(

Blimey - have you asked the vet for any advice? It's not good if she's hurting him. Another part of me thinks that they should sort it out between them - but if he's in pain that's sad :( I was wondering - and this is only off the top of my head - about putting some citrus type essential oil on him where her head would be while she's humping him... might put her off. Does she still do it if they're on neutral territory? Maybe she feels threatened by him?

Sorry I can't help :(

Good Luck

Sarah xx

Well they're been together three years and its just flared up, there was a very short lived spate of it about 6-12 months ago and nothing since then. She does it everywhere, but normally he doesn't bother her as hes really chilled. Shes a complete scatter brain though! I have some citrus oil so will try that and see what happens. 8) If it carrys on though I might have to contact the vet. :?

Forgot to say, she was done at at around 12 weeks old or when ever the earliest is that it can be done, my memory doesn't serve me well! :lol:

Back