• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch for two buns

hi

yes that's why I'm getting a Wendy house - I've got to build it on my own (unless you count my son dancing around me :roll: ) - I bought a Keter, plastic shed from Argos, to build myself as it seemed easier than a wooden one - It's the height that's a killer when you're only 5' tall :lol:

would love a shed/wendy house but its a real no-go (asked boyfriend last night).

Have another question......

on the hop-and-hutch website they hade a jumbo delux which said its for two rabbits - its 4 foot by 2 foot.

Do you think that would be better than the 5 foot one? thanks, i want to order it today!

Hi,

When we brought our young bunnies recently we brought a Hutch and Run from Hop & Hutch, We brought the Hop & Hutch 4ft double with run,
This hutch is really good, comes pre-assembled, and is great for the smaller species of rabbits. The Local RSPCA told us that we would need a larger Hutch for other breeds, but i must say i was impressed with the AfterSales Service i got from the company.
We had a few issues with the Hutch Hugger we also brought, but they were very helpful. I would say that if you are thinking about getting a Hutch Hugger/Snuggle go to the Scratch&Newton website and get one custom made to the exact size, I still believe this is an option. Our one was a tad bit small.

Thanks Bubbles - they have been really helpful over email and can deliver next week fully assembled....

can anyone just tell me if the double jumbo delux is better than the 5 foot one??

I am ordering today...poor little alfie has had to stay in his hutch all day today cause his run is soaked (taupauline didn't keep it dry) and if i had this hutch he would have loads of room, would it be ok for 2 tho??

Thanks this has got to last me years so want to get it right!

http://www.hop-and-hutch.co.uk/erol.html

Sorry Bubbles...did you get the jumbo double or the standard 4 foot double?? thanks

Mi rabbit is a dwarf lop - thanks again...

Hi,

Just the standard 4ft Double. Will post a picture later today if you want, so that you get some idea of the size.

We have 2 Dwarf Lops...and they seem fine in it.

hi

I would go for the jumbo double - RSPCA recommend min 4x2 for one rabbit - this is double that, being the same floor area as that playhouse mentioned - Most importantly it's 2' high as well - rabbits love and need to stretch up - My oldest bunny who had been hutched all her life kind of has a hump back from never being able to stretch up the walls or sit up on her back legs.

The basic 4' double is less than 18" deep (less than!) and only 18" high per level. Don't forget too that a sticky up eared rabbit needs more height than a lop.

Thanks Elve, & Bubbles a pic would be good if you are able!

Right - i am ordering the Jumbo (without the run as i already have a 5 foot run with hutch inside).

My rabbit is costing me the earth (but worth it) :eek:)

Hi Alfie.
Daisy & Maisy. 1st Day in the New Hutch

Rabbit0001.jpg

Hi Bubbles,

really like the look of it and it looks bigger than i thought - the one im getting is even bigger than that!! aww i can't wait - Alfie will love it.

Thanks for posting this pic, that's really sweet of you!

Bonnie

It looks really good but expensive...i think i might get a clear shower curtain for now - have spend a fortune on Alfie!!

hi

Shower curtain's a brilliant idea - I've just ordered a 5' hutch on long legs (ooh me poor old back) for 3 of my guinea pigs I'm HOPING to bond :roll:
It will probably sit empty for a year while I try and bond them :lol:

They are long haired gps though - the thickest fur I've ever seen so I'm sure they'll be warm enough outside :)

Back