• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where does your house rabbit live?

Where is your houserabbit's main room?

• Living Room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dining Room

• Conservatory / Utility Room /

• Kitchen

• Bathroom

• Your Room

• Spare Room

• Total voters

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
:D This is mainly as I always get a mixed reaction from people (who don't have bunnies) when I tell them that my rabbits have their pen in the corner of my bedroom. :shock: I often get met with, but don't they smell? - no, don't they make a noise? - no, why on earth would you even want a rabbit indoors, let alone in you room?! - 'cos they're loving, sociable animals and I couldn't bear to leave them stuck in a room on their own where no-one else goes, and it means I can keep a close eye on them, it's easier to notice if they are not themselves that way too.

:?: So, I thought I'd see where other buns live. I know a lot of people on here keep their buns in the garden or in sheds, but I don't know where the house rabbits live!! Most will have the run of a couple of rooms, but I want to know where their "base" is, as I'm guessing a lot will have sleeping quarters or something set up?

buns.jpg

millie (and now bramble :D ) lives in my bed room too!
they dont smell at all (as long as you clean them out regularly!) but at night can make scuffly noises but only until they are settled so yeah are very quiet most of the time.

i love them being in my room and it wouldnt be the same without them!!!

i always wonder what they do at night as mine is based in the living room, do they keep busy or do they just snooze it away?

Ah wow! I am so please other people are as 'mad' as us!! We've got our 2 bunnies in our room and family members think we're nuts! They think they're dirty etc! We're back living with family until I get a job! But it's great :) When we first got Patches he used to live in the living room as he was a noisy baby but now him and Blossom are in our room it's great! You can wake up in the middle of the night and see them and it's really nice.

Funniest thing Patches ever did during the night - I woke up at about 3am hearing a lot of noise from his cage - we'd left him with a box with shredded newspaper in it to play with. I turned the light on to find Patches running round his cage with loads of shredded newspaper all neatly gathered up in his mouth! Very cute and funny :lol:

At least when they're in your room you can give them loads of attention - I would never not have them in our room again!

Happy Nights

Sarah

allyandtobey said:
i always wonder what they do at night as mine is based in the living room, do they keep busy or do they just snooze it away?

:lol: They're probably up to mischief of some kind!! Partners in crime my two!! :D

They have their dinner just before I go to bed, so I often just hear crunching while I'm watching TV. But as soon as the lights go out and the TV goes off, they know they have to be quiet. Unfortunately, when the sun comes up, or when my alarm goes off, they know I should be up, so start binkying around and jumping on their baskets and things to get my attention!! :roll:

Before I got Treacle, Travis had to be shut in his pen at night as he would jump on my bed and proceed to "groom" me in the middle of the night!? :? But now he has Treacle, he doesn't do this as she isn't as good a jumper as he is!! :D Thing is, they then just wander round, causing trouble instead!!! lol

buns.jpg

Patches24 said:
Ah wow! I am so please other people are as 'mad' as us!! We've got our 2 bunnies in our room and family members think we're nuts! They think they're dirty etc! We're back living with family until I get a job! But it's great :) When we first got Patches he used to live in the living room as he was a noisy baby but now him and Blossom are in our room it's great! You can wake up in the middle of the night and see them and it's really nice.

At least when they're in your room you can give them loads of attention - I would never not have them in our room again!

Happy Nights

Sarah

I totally agree! :D You get to have so much of an interaction with them. My other half used to struggle to understand how /i always know when there is something wrong with my bunnies, but now that he's had to spend so much time with them, he can tell when something isn't quite right too. :) They provide so much entertainment, whether it's watching them running around and binkying like crazed maniacs, or seeing them snuggling up together, when they think you're not looking, or even just seeing them argue over food with each other!!! :roll:

buns.jpg

Keri - thats exactly why I keep my two in the lounge as its the room we spend most time in. So they can be out playing whenever we are in the flat and they get lots of attention from us and our friends when they visit. I also agree that it means you notice even the slightest behaviour change - I quite regularly used to take Fern to the vets saying that there were something wrong with her but I didn't know what it was - this way we caught illness very very early on.

Our lounge is right next to the bedroom so I hear them all night too, my two tend to be quite noisy of a night time - wripping paper, throwing toys, chasing each other etc.

they ive in my bedroom and run round like crazy 5am wanting breakfast :? :shock: :lol: my nd stamps on me when im sleep stamps on floor and runs round like crazy for breakfast then starts licking my face sticking whiskers in me

lisa

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now Buffs and Cagney will be most upset that their Dez Rez converted Garage isn't mentioned as a poll option :lol: :lol:

A lot of folks think of garage dens as dark, damp and uninviting, but with a little imagination and hubby help its surprising what you can achieve to establish a happy inviting home and luckily my Cheeky Gals still have access to the Garden too.

http://www.therabbithouse.com/indoor/freerange.asp

And Zac - well he's just a typical bloke really and just looooooooves his bedroom, although he does seem to be gradually taking over the whole house :!: :lol: :lol:

bunnytales said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now Buffs and Cagney will be most upset that their Dez Rez converted Garage isn't mentioned as a poll option :lol: :lol:

A lot of folks think of garage dens as dark, damp and uninviting, but with a little imagination and hubby help its surprising what you can achieve to establish a happy inviting home and luckily my Cheeky Gals still have access to the Garden too. quote]

:oops: I tried to think of everything!! I guess garage could be similar to an outhouse / utility room or conservatory? I'm sorry!!! :oops: I think some of the conversions people have on here are brilliant, a bunny palace paradise!! :D

But I think my question was mainly posed, as a "how do other people react to a rabbit living in close proximity to your every day life" kind of thing, that's why I aimed it at house rabbits in particular, cos people without buns tend to think they should only live in gardens or sheds/garages. But aplogies anyway!!!! :oops:

With regards to the grass aspect, I'm in the process of growing a tray (about 1x1 ft) of grass for my buns to have indoors now the weather's changing as I don't like them to be outside without me (new next door neighbours have some young tom cats who keep eyeing them up :evil: ) and I don't fancy sitting outside for hours in the rain!!! :shock: So that's my new alternative!!! :D

buns.jpg

where does your house rabbit live?

My rabbit has his cage in the kitchen/ dining room but has the run of the living room and garden. I have two dogs that he follows about so usually as soon as they leave the room he follows. He is only in his cage at night or if we go out. He likes nothing better than being in the living room, flopped out on the sheepskin rug. He is a real darling and has honestly never bitten anything indoors which I was really surprised about. He just rubs his chin on everything in his path and then he is happy. I definitely think he is more dog than rabbit.lol

You didnt include playroom!! :D My children are lucky enough to share the room with Sooty Lolly and Star!. The bun areas are penned off and they have access to an outside playhouse and run when the weather is nice. Lolly has a chronic breathing problem so cant be out in the cold

Squidgy lives in the dining room, and for some strange reason we always use the dining rooma s opposed to the living room. He's great, has his own set-up, uses his litter tray like a good boy, and is generally adorable!

Coby is in the living room, I am hoping as he gets older, and my kids get older that he will get more and more freedom, and less cage time, if any :D

Hiya, you did not have every room of the house in the poll...we have rabbits in the kitchen, hall, lounge, bedroom, office and even bathroom on occasions :roll: :roll: :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back