• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stay on your MAT training?

I got an old blanket and put it on the floor for the rabbit to play on. I got him out of his cage and put him down and he ran around on it like mad. Everytime he went off onto the tiles I'd speak to him in a low grubly voice saying BACK BACK he'd turn around to look at me and then run back! I though it might of been i bit of i coincidence so the next time he did it i didn't growl "BACK" at him and he kept going so then i DID growl BACK at him and he came back. Now after doing this with him he doesn't leave the mat (old blanket) so i took the blanket and him to another area, he still didn't step off! I thought i was just wonderful, i didn't have to worry as much about him getting into things and pooing on the good carpet or weeing.

Do others have rabbits who do similar things, or have been taught to do similar things?

Another quick thing, when he does run on the mat he likes to do 90 or 180 degree turns in mid air! Sometimes it's when he's not even running he will be sitting there and just go, bam, and he will of jumped and turned in 1 second flat and now be facing the other way.

It makes him look like a phsyco even mum was shocked. Is there a reason for this behavour?

because you have said stay on the mat- and now the poor bun doesnt know what else to do :lol: dont worry- my dogs like that in my room- she isnt aloud on my bed so she sits in a corner and wont move hahahaha

toffeepudding said:
Another quick thing, when he does run on the mat he likes to do 90 or 180 degree turns in mid air! Sometimes it's when he's not even running he will be sitting there and just go, bam, and he will of jumped and turned in 1 second flat and now be facing the other way.

It makes him look like a phsyco even mum was shocked. Is there a reason for this behavour?

Hi there,

What you are seeing here is "binkying" It means he is really happy :D Seeing a bunny binky around the place is a compliment to you! :D

Oh I wondered what people were talking about when they say binky. Oh that's heaps cool that he's happy. He does it when ever i get him out. He warm up first of couse, sniffing aroud and then get's right into the really fast running and "binkying".

That site is really good. I felt realky good when i read it coz my rabbit had done all the signs of happiness and contentment but not all the bad stuff, such as i have never been niped. Thanx very much.

Back