• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know where to buy a 5FT/6FT Hutch in my area?

sweety

Warren Scout
Hi

As I now have a monsterous rabbit, well she will be once fully grown, plus I want to also house my 2 others together.

I live Portsmouth borders, does anyone know where I can buy large hutches at a reasonable price, not £100 plus as so many are in my local pet stores, apart from looking in freeads/adtrader e t c Ebay, im lost for ideas.

Be grateful for any help

cheers

Sweety

We have just finished our rabbit shed. It cost about £99 from homebase and my OH made the run at the side. The plastic roof is heat reflecting so they won't get hot under it. There is a hole in the side of the shed into the run and another doorway on the side of the run so they can get out into the garden.

shed.jpg

Inside the shed we put some vinyl on the floor to make it easy clean and built a shelf unit for the rabbits to sleep on and some storage above it.

shed2.jpg

we have just ordred a 5x7 foot shed from b@q for £110 or a 6X4 is £98 i have seen a 5ft hutch in a timmber yard down by fratton train station dont know how mutch thow but my best bet would be the shed they deliver foe an extra £20 pounds hope thid helps i will keep a eye out for you as in always looking at the hutches i could ask in pampred pets but they might be too expensive

hi

I was thinking about one of those tool stores for a bunny house Estelle - but I couldn't figure out what kind of ventilation to put in?

Re cheap hutches under £100 - ask a local handyman - often there are ads for hutches made by a DIY nut in the local free paper? Or have a look round carboot sales for any woodworker blokes (or girls! :wink: )

Theres a big hole under the shelf into the run so lots of fresh air going through there. Next springtime when it gets warmer we are going to cut a hole in the front door and put wire over it but seeing as its getting colder every day we thought we'd leave it closed for the winter.
They love it in there though. I've sat in it myself with the doors closed and it's really cosy :lol: :lol: :lol:

hi

wow thanks peops

Now that shed idea with a gap and a run, now thats FAB!!!

I have just bought a 8ft by 7ft wonderful shed from B&Q, but as you can see I have 16 pigs and now 3 rabbits.

I have got Duchess the bigggggggggg bunny in a 4.5ft outside and Pepper and Pebbles are in the new shed with the pigs but as I didnt expect another rabbits, shes outside, I feel guilty as shes out and their in, im thinking of maybe bringing the other 2 out as im a softy and feel so bad, hahahah.

Pampured pets are 109 for a 5ft and 129 for a 6ft, I will need to save for 2 months at this rate.

The small shed option is hard as ive now got the garden full up with my large shed but I will definately think of that as a base for an idea.

Thanks again

Sweety

Estelle said:
Theres a big hole under the shelf into the run so lots of fresh air going through there. Next springtime when it gets warmer we are going to cut a hole in the front door and put wire over it but seeing as its getting colder every day we thought we'd leave it closed for the winter.
They love it in there though. I've sat in it myself with the doors closed and it's really cosy :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could always attach a wire door like on this page:
http://www.greenfieldsrescue.co.uk/diycabins.asp

Look at the second photo, it looks like a really good idea you could have the door open all day but they still would be contained and safe :)

Thanks for that link, the sheds are a great idea. We are hoping to move house soon and I have been planning on putting a shed in the back garden for the rabbits but didn't know how to set it up, this has given me some great ideas, I'm more excited about their new home than mine now!

hi

HAHAH

Yes I know..what are we like eh? When I went away to spain, mine boarded at the local petstore.(thats when I had less)

I spent most of holiday texting the petshop to see if they were ok...

When I had my kids in hospital I gave written lists to my hubby on how to look after them.. :lol:

sweety, we went to B&Q today and they had loads but when we looked closer they all had problems. we also went to wicksis and finaly to Focus diy they had the best made and better quality also the cheapest. £95.00 for a 6' x5' and they were really helpful. it even had a nice window area which could have ventilation put into it by some home diy pretty easily.

we finaly settled for a hickery home childrens play house (omg it wonderful) and wont be so big the neighbour will complain.

:lol: :lol: :lol: happy looking hun

i will tr to get you the phone mumber of the person who makes rabbit hutches around here and pm it to you its not far from my house

Try looking a places that just sell sheds - Shedworld, Shedlands or similar as You can often get ex-display models delivered and errected for about £100 0r less. This was how I got my playhouse.

I also saw some fabulous dog accomodation with varying sizes of runs attached but these ranged from about £280, they didn't have any ex-display available at the time.

Rabswood

Sweety, I know the lady that fosters buns at my local rescue has a big hutch for sale £40, I'm not sure how big it is though.

I can give you her email if you would like to get in contact with her.

i have pm you with the phone number 5 foot £70 6 foot£80 very well made hutches looks like they will last

Hi

Thank you all so much

Managed to get a 6ft from freeads for £15 pounds and 2 numbers for people that make them a lot cheaper than anywhere where you can buy from in a shop..

Sweety

Back