• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP baby thomas

KazPetts

Warren Scout
I would just like to say RIP to one of our babies. He died last weekend to some unknown cause (probably a case of survival of the fittest).
I would just like to say that although his life was very short lived (4 weeks) he was loved and cared for and I hope his departure from this world was a painless one.
I also think Thomas that one of your brothers will be joining you soon as he is looking unwell.
I hope you have fun over the rainbow bridge and you are so sadly missed by myself, Sian and Siobhan.
Take care little one, I hope you are happy now. :cry: :cry:

awww im so sorry i read about thomas jnr on the other forum did you find out how he died im sure he was loved even though he was only here a short time and i hope the other baby will pull through and grow up to be big and strong.

Ryanh72, no I never did find out how he died. I think it was a case of survival of the fittest though. To be honest I was surprised that all nine live to be 4 weeks old. Thomas Jr was well loved and was my 2 daughters' fave bunny out of them all. My eldest was heart broken when we found out that he was dead.
I didn't handle the situation very well though as I was hurting inside.
I know that we can't keep them all and I know I am going to have to find homes for the rest eventually but it isn't easy to NOT get attached to them. I have handled them from as early an age as possible to get them used to being handled.
I have been out and checked on the other one this evening and although it still looked weak it was sat up next to it's mum instead of laid out. I have my fingers crossed for this little mite. I really don't want another one of these sweeties to go to play on the rainbow bridge just yet.

sorry to hear about thomas . I,m sure that although his time here was short - it was full of love and care . I don,t think its quantity of time but qaulity that counts . He was so loved . xx sleep well little one .

Poor wee baby Thomas. It doesn't matter how long they are with you, they are loved and cherished and enrichen your life. Thinking of you and your daughter

angel14.jpg

Thanks for your kind words everyone. Thomas' brother is still with us and I am doing what I can to keep it that way. He is very thin though and seems to be having difficulty in going to the toilet (will post this in the discussion side).

Thank you all for your kind words.

Have to say it is looking a little brighter for Thomas Jnr's sister. (Have done a proper check and it turns out the poorly one is female.) Think I am going to give her a warm bath though to clean her botty properly.

im so sorry to hear about the loss of another one of the babies i read about her on the other forum im sure shes happy now at the bridge binkie free little one

Back