• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Daisy

doorkeeper

Mama Doe
I lost my poor little Daisy two weeks ago :cry: :cry: She got myxi and was PTS. I have been terrified that more of them were going to get it, but it seems that we have got through this nightmare; except for little Daisy :cry: :cry: :cry:
Luckily having looked up about swollen ears when Lace had the haematomas I recognised that she had more than eye infections straight away and separated her from the others when I felt how thick her ears had become. It must have been a mosquito I think. That was the first week I saw any here.
The poor wee girl went downhill so fast :cry: She developed pneumonia despite antibiotics. She had already had snuffles and has never been healthy which is why I think she was susceptable to it, whereas the others' vaccines worked. I was very worried about the others that haven't been well, Lace and Hyzenthlay, but the vet said that vaccinating them would help, so they were done as soon as Daisy was diagnosed despite their weakened immune systems. That and the quarantine seem to have worked. I haven't been able to post about it before as I couldn't bear to think that it might not be just Daisy I lost. Visions of a repeat of Phill's nightmare were lurking in my mind. I am fairly sure we should be alright now as the incubation period is two weeks.
Now I can mourne for her properly. She was such a tiddly girl, but she so loved and was loved by Blueberry. She liked being cuddled, which is unusual in my independent menagerie. I am so glad that she was able to come to me and experience having a lovebun of her own, and being outdoors and having freerange of the shed. She wasn't with me long, but she was able to live a proper rabbit life in that time, which so many rabbits never have the chance to have. I was lucky to have her and will never forget the way she so enjoyed her running battles with the big rabbits through the fence. She was barely the size of Strawberry's head but she would face up to him bravely 8) I wish I had a pic of that, I always meant to get one...it is so sad, she'll be very very missed :cry: :cry: :cry:

Run free little girl.

Blueberry is now going to be a house rabbit and has moved in with Lace. He had a miserable two weeks quarantine though, very dejected missing Daisy badly :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear this news, and what a terrible time you must have had the past couple of weeks. I'm glad the other buns are ok.
She sounds like a beautiful rabbit who had a lovely life with you.
Binky free little Daisy.

Oh louise im so sorry about daisy you must have been so worried XX Big hugs and snuggles to you and the other buns XX

Dear Louise,

I am so sorry about your loss, I know how loved your rabbits are and how much they mean to you.

Daisy will have enjoyed a really special rabbits life with you, all those who live with you do. You have your special memories of her that can never be photographed and will be with you all of the time.

Take care Louise,

love Alice x

Oh that is sooo sad :cry: :cry: :cry: We are so very sorry, and how awful that you have had to wait so long to mourn her :cry: :cry:
Run free in the eternal sunshine now Daisy - have fun in the long lush grass and binky till your heart's content. Bless you - xxxxx

Thankyou Jay, Alice, Phill and Helen.
It is good to be able to post about her - she deserves to be remembered properly. I have just had to numb myself the last couple of weeks I was so terrified that I might lose more of them :( I have been manicly distracting myself trying not to think about it.
Within the last year I have lost Shadow, Merlin and now Daisy as well as Bertha piggie :cry: :cry: It is so sad :cry: :cry:
I remember all of you, darlings.
And Buckthorn, my first darling house rabbit, whose demands for noserubs made me love these fur monsters. Taken from me so young, so suddenly :cry:
Run free everybun, and everypig.

Oh Louise, I am so sorry. What a sad sad week it has been, I think my heart will burst sometimes. :cry: Run free little Daisy, you feisty girl.

aawww im sorry to hear about Daisy. So glad that your other bunnies seem to be safe. Im sure Daisy had a fantastic life with you and Blueberry. I hope he is ok without her.
Binky free Daisy.

I am so sorry Louise to hear about little Daisy but think what a happy life she had with you. So glad your other babies are OK...what a worrying time for you...no wonder you couldn't post before, your heart must have been aching. You have been having a sad time ...it just breaks your heart I know.

vic2110.jpg

Thank you everyone :)

I wish I had a pic to post, but I can only find the one in my sig right now. I know there were more but they must be on my old computer which isn't hooked up anymore :? Or they may be buried somewhere on my sons, I thought I got all the pics off the old one :?

I think there is one of her fighting with Clover through the fence. Those two were arch enemies. I was terrified that one day a gate would get left open and Clover would seriously hurt Daisy. Clover would charge full tilt at the fence whenever she saw her and Daisy would jump up to meet her 8) This is why I bought the smallest gauge wire available or their noses would have been shredded :roll:

Really sorry to hear the sad news.

Its always difficult, never gets any easier.

Take care

sweet dreams and run free little Daisy

Martin + Pam

Awwww Louise - I'm sorry about the lateness of this as I'm just catching up after being away for a couple of days but I'm so sorry to hear about little Daisy - I know how dedicated you are to all your furry critters and this must have been so devastating for you.

Hope your other bunnies are all doing o.k.

Sending Hugs

:cry: I'm so very sorry, you're in my thoughts, sending big hugs...

~ Binky free little Daisy, take all our love to the spirit buns and if you see our wee Daisy give him a special kiss from his mum and dad ~

Back