• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clarrissa gone :-(

haffyj

Mama Doe
Clarrissa has now gone to rainbow bridge after a long battle, with the lump in her throat (Cancer), she had done really well towards the end never giving up, my brave little girl. :cry:
Sunday night i could hear Rex calling even though he is not in the same hutch he must have realished something was wrong.....Alas poor clarrissa had crossed over :cry:

i really thought she was going to pull through, after much debate last time the vets and i decided to leave the lump as she had been doing so well with it eating and drinking fine again. maybe i should have got rid of it she might have lasted longer but now i will never know :cry:

She will now be reunited with Charlie

I am so sorry you lost Clarissa :cry:

Don't dwell on wether there would have been a difference if the lump was removed, the chances are it wouldn't. You gave her love and a good home which is a lot more than many animals get and I am sure she crossed over knowing how much she was loved and cared for.

Don't worry about the 'what ifs' just remember that you did your best for her and remember the happy times.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Edited to correct as I thought Clarissa was a bun :oops: Note to self: read posts properly :oops:

I am sorry to hear about your loss. i know nothing will help right now but be assured that we are thinking of you at this time. :(

sorry you have lossed your piggey girl try not to worry about deciding to leave the lump i have made the same desion with my dog who has cancer hes fine for now but we live each day as it comes

Aaaaw, I am so sorry. Whatever you had done, you could have wondered whether the alternative would have been better and I think you work on instinct, you know your pet and I feel sure that you did the right thing! Big hugs to you.

Poor piggie, but at least she passed peacefully in her own home having been well looked after and loved. Had you chosen to operate it would have been painful and she might not have survived anyway - it would have been very high risk, and she would have been upset and confused at the end. You made a good choice, that she probably would have made herself, but I know that what if is sooooooo difficult:(

Back