• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy died

Aww Conny, what beautiful photos and what gorgeous bunnies - you must be devestated that Poppy has passed to the Bridge.

However your lovely pictures and the wonderful memories you have of Poppy will make sure that she continues to live on in your heart and in your mind.

Big cuddles

lol Pam

I am so sorry Conny to hear about Poppy, you have given both Poppy and Murray a lovely home and wonderful opportunity despite it being such a short time. Poor Murray was with me for what seemed such a long time by himself, at times I did question whether he would ever find a forever home. Your kindness gave him a chance to spend some happy months with Poppy and yourself, for him that contrasted so differently from the life he had previously with his original owner.

Run free Poppy, may you rest in peace.

Janice

The buns in the avatar are my original buns .......... they are in France, the white one is Conny and the blue/grey is Feena.

They are very sensitive buns and quarantine would have been too much for them, but I tried every other way to get to them over. I even got a permit from the Irish department of Agriculture to bring them to Ireland (where they have 6 mths HOME quarantine for small mammals) but I couldn't find a way to transport them there (it's a very long story, let's just say that I'm still very angry, particularly with DEFRA). Especially when 6 months after I got here they introduced pet passports for rabbits (DEFRA told me that they had no plans to introduce this :evil: ) and if I had known this I could have left them with the friends who offered to take them in France (even my vet offered).

We found them a loving home with bunny mad people who send us frequent updates of how they are getting on. Trouble is now I know that I can get them over I really want them back, but as they are really loved in their new home I know that that is impossible (I admire the strength of those of you who run rescues).

Sorry about that rant. At the time I was stupid enough to think that it would have been easier if they were dead, so I wouldn't have to worry about them, now after poor old Poppy I know just how difficult it is when a pet dies and how pathetic I was to think such a thing. Anyway there are now almost 6yrs old and very much French Riviera buns, it's all about sunshine and warmth for them, a week of the weather here and they would have their bags packed to go home!!!! :roll: :lol:

Janice, don't worry Murray is still happy here (he is such a sweet bunny)and he will always come first, we picked a girlfriend for him because he was too stressed after Poppy died to travel but it's a good rescue and as he is much stronger now, if we can't bond them we will bring them back soon for their opinion and a new girlfriend if necessary. It's a pity because she is perfect in every way except the most important.

Back