• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our beloved Jaro has left us...

So so sorry Martin and Pam :( we feel your heartache with you :( Jaro had 6 wonderful years with you both, your smile will eventually return when you look back at the joy you brought to one another. I am sure Jaro is binkying around in the warmth of the sun with all the other much loved and missed rainbow bridge residents

Run free Mr Jaro Bun xxx

Thank you all for your kind words - the support from this forum never ceases to amaze me.

We are trying to put our energies into looking after our other bun - Yalta, she's probably wondering where all this sudden intense attention has come from - but I'm sure she's not complaining :)....

.... apart from the occassional - leave me alone will you, I want to sleep type thoughts anyway.

Thank you all again

Martin & Pam

Oh dear, I am so very, very sorry..... he was such a very handsome boy, absolutely stunning, what wonderful memories you must have. When I lost my Charlie last year the situation was similar, I'll explain: I took him to hospital on the Saturday as I knew he wasn't right and Jason, my wonderful vet, admitted him for investigation and nursing. He seemed stable on the Sunday - if I remember correctly I could have visited but didn't want to be a nuisance with less staff on duty on a Sunday. The duty vet called me on Monday morning and said that he was depressed and they had put him in an incubator but they said I could visit. I thought it would be better to visit in the evening as I wouldn't feel pressured into getting back to work as I would if I visited during my lunch break. Having let the traffic die down a bit, I got there just after 6.00 but I missed him, he had passed away within about the last half hour - I was devastated and felt so guilty that I hadn't taken my old familiar face to comfort him. They were very kind to me and left me alone to cuddle him and say good-bye, I can remember cutching his lifeless little body like it was yesterday, telling him I loved him with tears pouring down, I kept trying to shut his eyes. I too wished I had had the chance to say good-bye. :cry:

I am so sad to read that your beautiful Jaro has passed over the Bridge - I can undertsnad how upset you must be and how much you must miss him.

Please do not feel guilty that you were not with him as he passed - I am sure that Jaro planned it that way - he did not want you to remember him with sadness - he wanted all your memories of him to be happy and for you to remember him healthy and full of bunny beans.

Jaro knew loads of love in his bunny life and would want you to feel glad that you shared so much love and happiness with him - he would not want you to feel sad.

Big cuddles, lol Pam

I am so sorry to hear about Jaro, what a wonderful life he shared with you and what wonderful caring owners he had. Binky free. xxx

awwwww soooooo sorry to hear about lil jaro
i thought he was such a stunning little chap and was in love with him from day 1
binky free little one
sending hugs
becky

so sorry to hear this, the poor wee man :( please try to not feel quilty, the vets was probs a very good place to be, at least he was there and when it happened they were there right from seeing him get ill and could do all the could to help your darling little boy for you, take care love and hugs to you xxxxx

Thanks all for your comments and support - they have really helped :D

Time is helping - although we still have lots of those moments where his absence is really hard to deal with.

We're going to put a gallery page together of our favourite piccies of him - hopefully in the next few days, so I'll post a link once we have it up and running.

Martin + Pam

We are so sorry, he was very handsome.

We lost our little boy Lochie at the vets and didn't manage to say goodbye. We too brought him home too and he is resting in our back garden, where we can watch over him. We believe he is watching us and we carry him with us everywhere we go in our hearts.

Jaro will live on through both of you.

Take care.

i am so sorry to hear your news, i know how you feel now, he looks like my smokey he is so gorgeous its horrible when our loved ones are taken away from us, no matter how much you prepare for such things it never gets any easier.

binky free little one

We brought Jaro home that morning - and brought him back into his room so he could be there one last time, it sounds morbid, but it was really important for us that he came home to his place, and that we spend a little time with him.

We have laid him to rest in a large (very large) plant tub, bought especially for him (laying him to rest in the ground wasn't really an option in our garden - we have a lot of cat visitors that are always digging up the soil, at least the tub can be raised, and kept out of thier reach)

We're waiting for delivery on some roses to plant in it: 'Bright-Smile' and 'Sweet Dreams' which we felt were really appropriate - and really nice colours too.

martin

its not morbid, he needed to be in his home one more time, with his family

And i love the idea of the roses, what a great way to remember him by.

Thanks - we're going to put him on the patio so we can see him and he can see us for most of the time at least.

Martin

Hi,

We did exactly the same and brought Lochie back to his bedroom before we buried him. We didn't think it was morbid its just something we felt we had to do.

Am glad you can watch over him, it gives you a sense that he his still there. Though I think when you look out on him you will get a lump in your throat at times, we do now and its more than a year and half later.

We are sending you both hugs.

Love from the Jetty Clan.

I didnt want to look in the Bridge having been away for a month and was so sad to see Jaro, his one one of the names and faces that just stuck with me. So sorry Martin, and Pam. It must have been so hard for it to happen like that - hope that time and Yalta are helping.

Back