• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cosy Rabbit beds

Jayne

Mama Doe
Hi everyone hope someone can help me! I've noticed on some peoples pictures that their rabbits have cosy beds,sort of fleecey probably cat beds.I was wondering if anyone who has these can tell me if they have a problem with them being chewed? They look brilliant and I want to get 2 so that my girls are nice and cosy in winter (I'm getting prepared,I'll be Xmas shopping soon!!) but I was worried that they would harm them if eaten,my two tend to eat everything!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yup, Squidgy uses his vetbed as a toilet, it's more in the washing machine than out these days! :shock: :roll:

Sooty attacked one of the beds but not the other??? WHiskas do an enclosed plastic bed you would only need to change the bottom covering and you could fill it with hay. P@H had them

Thanks for replies not thought of them using it as a toilet!! umm lovely! Hopefully if I put it away from their litter tray they wouldn't but I'm still concerned about them eating it and whether it would harm them but I do want them to be warm and cosy.Oh the traumas of being a bunny Mummy!

haha, I bought Sophie one... and she tears it to shreads :roll: :roll: So she is only allowed it on the way to the vets to stop her sliding in the carrier. :wink:

I've got fudge a cosy cat bed and a dog bed..she has peed in both but I put them in the wash no problem........... Fudge has chewed or eaten them but has scratched at them....I do usually give her treats etc when she's in them :D

All mine have cat beds and no problems!!! They all love them, especially in winter :) Just brought Pippa a new one from Wilko's, £6.99 and she just loves it!!!

I got mine cat beds from petplanet they look like sleeping bags and the rabbits love them. They crawl right into the back of them. No problems with them chewing them or using them as a toilet.

There are small animal beds in Poundland at the moment, they'd be a nice size for a smallish rabbit I suppose. My rats like sleeping in them :)

Thanks for your advice everyone.I'll have a look in Wilkos and Poundland,if they're cheap I don't mind buying them and giving them a go and if they chew it won't matter if I chuck them away!

zACSLEEPIN.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: - any excuse to dig up an old photo eh :lol: :lol:

Zac just loves his Cozy Bed - Got this one from our Local Pet store in Bromsgrove and they do different sizes of this too.

Gotta say I've been real lucky with Zac as he doesn't chew and he's only ever used his bed as a loo once and that was when he was away from home and not in his usual environment - If you want me to arrange for him to have a wee word in your bunnies ears - this could be arranged :lol: :lol:

HS said:
what a gorgeous pic of Zac!

Awwww thanks Helen - this picky has been on the Forum before but thought it was apt since he is lying on a Cozy Bed :lol: :lol: :lol: - and any excuse to show the lad never gets a miss :lol: :lol:

Ohhhh what a cutie I've called my daughters to come and have a look and we've all just melted! dear little Zac.One of my girls did a doubletake though and asked if it was our Sylvie! they are the image of each other! I really will try to work out how to put pics of ours up.We've only had them a fortnight and we love them sooooooo much already,it has been the best thing we've ever done and I want to do the best for them which is why I'm starting to worry about getting cold in winter!

Jayne said:
dear little Zac.One of my girls did a doubletake though and asked if it was our Sylvie! they are the image of each other! I really will try to work out how to put pics of ours up.We've only had them a fortnight and we love them sooooooo much already,it has been the best thing we've ever done and I want to do the best for them which is why I'm starting to worry about getting cold in winter!

Awww Jayne - its so lovely to hear that bunnies are so well loved and carn't wait to see the Sylvie pickies - its funny that how similar some of the bunsters can be so it would be lovely to see a Zac look a like :D :D :D - so come on Gal - get those pickies sorted :D :D :D

Back