• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How easy is it to pair a rabbit to another pair?

Eh not easy at all when I tried it - the existing pair started off on each other too..... :( Things when much better when I took Auntie Lynda's advice and took all three to a totally new enviroment ( neighbours garden ) much less fur pulling etc. However we ended up getting no. 4 so I didnt perservere, hoping to have all of them together eventually though.....

yep I would say not easy - I have two pairs (both male and female in each pair) and my one female was running loose in the garden and sat in front of the other two's cage well all of a sudden BIno and Poppet (the two inside the cage) started fighting it was awful :cry:

BUT on a brighter note look at Phill she has been successful in a lot of bonding so maybe she coudl advise you :wink:

I bonded two into a trio by accident :lol:

I'd left the door of the pair unlocked by accident and my trio were loose. I turned round and they were all playing happily together, no fur pulling or anything. Now they don't live together as the new larger hutch isn't finished but they spend all day out loose together.

Bonding females into already bonded pairs can be diffcult and you run the risk of spliting up your binded pair! You need to do it slowely and in neutral territory XX

The woman at the rescue I went to yesterday said that you have to be really careful to observe how they all behave when bonded into a group, as often you can see that although they don't necessarily fight, sometimes one can be a bit "bullied" and pushed out of the group, in which case they would be better off left in their pairs.

Hi,

I have a similar question. I could really do with bonding another male to a mixed pair (well actually we have 2 sets of bonded mixed pairs and I would like to add another boy to each).

Is is extremely difficult?
Really difficult?
or just difficult?

Thanks

If you ask 5cutebunnies she has 3 bonded boys, i have found that bonding boys in when one boy is bonded to a girl is very difficult! but others have found it easier!

Back