• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent standby homes needed asap

sgprescue

Mama Doe
Got a call when I was at work today, one of the RSPCA animal collection officers had phoned to ask if I could take a bunny. I said yes as I had space to squeeze in one more. When I got home the cutest little fluffy white lionhead was there to greet me. I called the collection officer to find out the whole story and it turns out there are 4 more rabbits where he came from. Apparantly he had escaped from his owners garden and the neighbour had called the RSPCA. When she got round there she managed to catch him and took him back home. When the guy opened the door she got a lot of verbal abuse and was told that the bunny was running loose because his Weimeraner (dog) had chewed a hole in the hutches so there was no point in putting him back in there. He said if the dogs didnt get the bunnies then he would probably catch them and take them up the market as he had brought them for his kids and they werent really interested. Obviously after all this she wasnt going to hand the bunny back so she put him in the van. The guy followed her out and was still swearing at her and even tried to get in her van :x :roll: . She locked all the doors and drove off. Now the problem is there are still 4 rabbits there. There is still a hole in the fence and if they get through again the neighbours are going to block off the hole and try and catch them (in the mean time the collection officer is going to try and get an inspector round there) but they need somewhere for them to go. All the rescues around here are full and so am I now so we urgently need somewhere for these bunnies to go (if and when they are caught). I can probably assist with transport. All I know is there are 4 rabbits, various ages, no idea of sex but it wouldnt suprise me if they are mixed :shock:

Please, please is there anyone out there that can help?

Cheryl

I know I live a fare way off but I can help at the end of next week if you get desperate.
Kay

OMG what a terrible story, the mentality of some people :shock: I really hope the bunnies make it to the safety of the next door neighbour. One thing you didnt right was what area you are in.

5cutebunnies said:
OMG what a terrible story, the mentality of some people :shock: I really hope the bunnies make it to the safety of the next door neighbour. One thing you didnt right was what area you are in.

Sorry, we are in Norwich

Cheryl

oh my goodness what an awful home the bunnies have.. i do hope they all manage to either escape or get rescued by the rspca inspector.
Wasnt there a lady over in suffolk who offered to foster before? she fostered one and never gave it back.. cant remember her nick tho.

*just found the post.. her nick is Carlathrower

Hi Cheryl. Are you still looking for temp homes. If needs be we can help. We may need some hutches but have plenty of room.
Emma K/Lynn

i can offer help

I have a spare hutch, it isnt fancy but will make an emergancy home for a rabbit . I live in skinningrove north east england. and can offer this service if needed. to an in need bunny.

contact me if i can be of assistance, you would need to get the bunny to me though i do have a car but its just a poorly thing at the moment.

Debbie.

Back