• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats going on with him?!

cazza269

Mama Doe
Ok guys as your well aware, Cobey was nuetered the other week, he has healed nicely but he is being a real od bod for some reason

I have been able to get a few pets in (bonus) but he seems to be trying to chew EVERYTHING he never did this before, and he seems to be even hornier than before :roll: he chases me round and cirlces honking loudly, he was never as bad, is this a peak in the hormones before they settle?

cazza269 said:
Ok guys as your well aware, Cobey was nuetered the other week, he has healed nicely but he is being a real od bod for some reason

I have been able to get a few pets in (bonus) but he seems to be trying to chew EVERYTHING he never did this before, and he seems to be even hornier than before :roll: he chases me round and cirlces honking loudly, he was never as bad, is this a peak in the hormones before they settle?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oops. sorry to giggle Cazza, but it is just the way you have described Cobeys antics :!: :lol:
It is fairly common for the hormones to be upset for a few weeks post castration and it can take a month to six weeks (max) for things to settle down.
So it is still very early days yet :shock: :!: ..looks like you have some more honking to contend with yet then Cazza :roll: :lol: :lol:
We try and distract bunnies who chew, by dotting hay stuffed in tissue boxes all around the room, and wooden chew toys, this does seem to make a difference.

Poor Cobey, his hormones are all mixed up!! :? :lol: :lol:
Love Adele XX

:lol: didnt realise how it looked till I read it back :roll:

he is acting very strangely, but I hope it settles as you say, he even bit my sister in law last night! then gave her a nose kiss...its a dual personality rabbit!!! :roll:

cazza269 said:
:lol: didnt realise how it looked till I read it back :roll:

he is acting very strangely, but I hope it settles as you say, he even bit my sister in law last night! then gave her a nose kiss...its a dual personality rabbit!!! :roll:

OMG he is turning into a Jeckell and Hyde wabbit...I would be worried, very worried Cazza :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only teasing, he will settle down :thumb: ..eventually! :? ! :lol:

:lol: :shock: oohhh noo

I was just getting ready to plug the camera in to send Jeremy a vid of him running in circles only to find my darling kids have cut my usb wire in half...ughhh what a day...wheres my beer!

cazza269 said:
:lol: :shock: oohhh noo

...wheres my beer!

:idea: :idea: :idea: aargghhh!! perhaps THAT is why Cobey is acting so strangely, he has been slurping your Beer on the sly :!: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
After the day you have had Cazza, it is definately enough to drive you to drink..a mug of tea in my case :!: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I am not a big drinker, just the one Mrs wembly ;) its definatly a "lets go to bed early and forget today happened" kind of a day :roll: good job I have a sense of humour!!

I am sooooo sorry to here coby is acting strange (well I'm not really :lol: :lol: ) because it has cheered me up reading what he has been up to, after the last couple of days I needed a good laugh.

maybe he is just really confused about his sexuality , trying to act all macho n stuff . :lol: sorry , ok maybe he is just a bit hornyomal :lol:

A word of caution here,hopefully not going to apply to your rabbit. As u may no i have had many rabbits castrated due to taking in rabbits for rehoming, this numbers i suppose about 100.I have had 2 cases out of these that were very nice manard rabbits untill they had there ops. After they began to act a bit hyper and gradualy got nasty to the point of biting regularly. In the end they became totaly uncontrolable and could never be rehomed.I disscussed this with my vet and it seems that its likly cause may have been a short period of time while under they maynot have been getting enough oxyegn, and this could have caused very slight brain damage . This would seem to be the reason for a complete change of temprement. I would like to add that the 2 times that this did happen it was under a locum at my vets and not my usualy vet.As i say this is an extreem case and hopefully will not apply to your rabbit but i though it worth telling u all as some day one of u may be in this position. val

after bailey was neutered he carried on grunting for weeks, everywhere he ran you'd hear grunt grunt grunt, i miss it now... he'll calm down soon. i'm interested to read what val said as after bailey had his op he did become more aggressive, ocasionally he'd turn and chase us :shock: and we got the odd nip. luckily he's fine now and a real sweetie but i'm sure that side is still lurking :twisted: :lol: :lol:

thank you for the info Val. As much as he has had a few days of this nutty behaviour he has also had his very placid moments, and has let me touch him when he never would before, so hopefully it just a case of whirling hormones....fingers crossed!!!

Back