• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eating newspaper??

Pepper came home the other day after her op and the first thing she ate was cardboard :shock: :shock: :shock: i cant say it looked very yummy but she likes it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine has developed a liking to pulling up my carpet so I aleways have to stop her from doing it. They're so curious sometimes!

That's because paper is made of out wood, and they chew wood in the wild to grind down their teeth.

But I don't like newspaper quality paper. If you have money buy those 24 lb. 8.5 x 11 paper, they are very nice and rabbits love to chew it, and they do swallow it. 20 lb. is not that good. 24 lb. is thicker and better quality, see if your office have some.

If not, find good magazine paper for them. Not thin magazine paper, the thick ones.

I've been worrying about mine eating cardboard and newspaper too (they always look very guilty when caught in the act!) I've read about telephone directories being good,are yellow pages ok? I wasn't sure if the yellow dye would harm them,I'm probably just being neurotic again!

i always wondered that too, perhaps they meant just the ones with the plain paper.. but now theyve merged all the phone books together into the yellow pages! perhaps they are still ok but i'm not sure on that one, hopefully someone else can advise!

mine have the yellow pages and its fine they like to chew dig and lie on it it last quite a while you can also hide treats in them

Back