• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My beautiful brave Nougat has gone

Im sooo sorry to hear about your gorgeous rabbit...it brough a tear to my eye.

You did all you could - you are a wonderful bunny mum so please do not feel let down with yourself x

I have just returned from a weekend away and sobbed my way through those last three pages.

I can't say anything that hasnt already been said. With every bunny that dies there is always an element of "what if" and "could I have done anything". Take reassurance from the messages on this forum that flystrike happens very quickly and you did everything you could.

My thoughts are with you xx

I've not been on here much for the last couple of weeks so am just catching up. I'm so sorry to hear about Nougat :cry: I had the same thing happen to one of my buns last year, reading the post brings it all back! :cry:

Flystrike happens so quickly, please don't blame yourself. I'm sure you are a great bunny mummy and when you feel ready I'm sure Bobby would love a companion :wink:

Sending hugs xx

I'm new to the board but followed Nougat's progress after reading about the flystrike episode. I honestly expected her to make a full recovery so was extremely shocked to read that she had passed away. I'm very sorry at your loss.

Rest in peace Nougat x

Oh gosh I said earlier that I didnt know she was ill I knew she had contracted flystrike didn't realise it could kill a bunny! OMG! How worrying poor Nougat :cry:

At least she was loved and cherished by her mummy :wink:

I'm back from my little rest. Feel much better and much more positive.
Apparently the maggots put toxins into the bunny, which come to the fore after a few days, so although Nougat did really well to start with, her immune system started to break down.

He's always a bit of a moody so and so to be honest! He hates people. He's getting on fine - at least he has the piggies for company, but I think he may need a girlie bun soon. I can't think of any other way to make the bunny run or their routine any better - Bobby's now got rearguard on him, as would any new bunny, so there's no reason for me to think that another bun would be at any more risk of flystrike than any other bun out there.
I'll start tentatively looking around. If anyone knows of a girlie bun who needs a strong, silent type of hubby, let me know.

glad to hear that he is doing ok, and he has the piggies for a bit of company!

have you tried rabbit rehome to see if there are any in your area?

sophie

There are a few bunnies in the Nottingham area, none in Lincoln, but I've not been feeling up to it, to be honest. The o/h and I need to have a good chat about this one.
It would be nice to take on a bunny that's been in a rescue a long time.

Just got back from a few days away, I am so sorry to hear that the brave and beautiful Nougat didnt make it :cry: Binky free Nougat big hugssssss Helen.

Back