• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny suddenly circling me and honking!

allyandtobey

Alpha Buck
this morning i was sitting on the floor and then suddenly my bunny starting running round in circles around me and making the honking noise they make just before mating, what's he trying to say?? he's just turned 12 weeks old.

Sounds to me like he's reaching sexual maturity and you are the best object he's got to make advances to! My first bunny when I was an adult used to do that all the time, before clambering onto my Winnie-the-Pooh slippers and giving them a good old seeing to. I got him neutered shortly afterwards and the behaviour stopped - then I got him a girlfriend. Cute as it is, I think it's a sign of sexual frustration and it is therefore probably nearly time for him to be neutered!

yes he is deffo making sexual advances to you, unfortunatley with that will come spraying :shock: Have you looked at his bits? are they visible? It is nearing the time for him to be neutered vets will do it from about 12 to 16 weeks once his little gems have dropped :wink:

yeah, ive been checking under his tail and his bits are very visible! I was going to wait until he was 16 weeks but i'd like to prevent the spraying before it starts as i've heard that once it starts, neutering sometimes doesn't stop it! I need to find a good rabbit savvy vet in my area, as I don't think there are many practices in my area in general but i will start hunting today. then hopefully soon i can find him a girlfriend!

It's a bit far (probably about 30-40 mins with the new A130), but if you do get stuck I can recommend you an excellent rabbit savvy vet in Chelmsford.

I'm sure there's a practice somewhere around the Rayleigh region (it's been a few years, I can't remember exactly) where one of the top rabbit vets in the UK used to be. His name was Dermot/Diarmuid something, apparently he has retired now but the practice might still be very rabbit savvy? Hopefully someone will be able to clarify the very vague bells of mine that are ringing on that.

Back