• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post a pic of your hutches and rabbit runs...

Here's mine. The run is made from a large number of these which I found advertised on the rabbit rehome website, and they are brilliantly sturdy. It's attached to the shed via a cat flap, although they hardly spend any time indoors. Since taking this photo, I've covered some of the run so that there's plenty of undercover space available for when it rains too. I'm quite proud of it, the only difficulty is that it's not easy to access the run in a hurry, but on the other hand if I can't get in, neither can Mr Fox!
efd46378.jpg

This is our setup for the 3 outside buns, a 5'x5' wendy house with an 8' run attached to the back of it. There's a ramp up to a cat flap as the garden (which the run sits on) is at a higher level to the patio. the run has a wire bottom so the little b*ggers can eat grass but not dig their way out. The boxes you can see inside are a maze that my boyfriend made out of wine boxes with holes cut in the side. They ate their way through it in a couple of months and we have a whole set of new ones now!
PHTO0011.jpg

PHTO0010.jpg

PHTO0016.jpg

PHTO0013.jpg

I used to lock them up into the top bit of the run, you can't see it very well in the picture, the narrow bit coming out of the shed doorway, but since I've made some modifications (i.e. covered half of the top and smaller guage meshed over the sides and rest of the top) I now leave them out all night as a fox can't get his paws through the bars any more. It is meshed underneath as well, but the grass has grown through and covered it. Bottom left is toilet corner, which is why the grass is so long and luscious there :lol:

AlisonA said:
Here's mine. The run is made from a large number of these which I found advertised on the rabbit rehome website,
efd46378.jpg

I don't understand. If the enclosure is packed with grass, where does the rabbit moves around? Shouldn't there be much more empty space? Is that the way a run should be?

What happen if it rain or snow? Wouldn't their fur be wet?

There's patio, there's long grass, there's short grass, there's undergrowth,there's soil, there's shed - they love it as it gives them a variety of things to rummage about in and do. They manage to run around quite happily in there. Let's face it, most rabbit runs aren't big enough for rabbits to run around in anyway. I also let them out in the garden whenever someone is home so they have plenty of opportunity to exercise.

That's quite an old photo - about half of the run is now covered with corrugated plastic so it's no problem for them to be outside but somewhere dry if that's what they want. It's not unusual to find them sitting outside by choice in the rain or snow though.

Charlie's Home

My bun Charlie has a 10 x 8 shed with a 8 x 4 run attached to it, 2 double decker hutches inside, a large dog bed and a variety of rugs on thge lino floor, and despite all he has, he is content to sit on one of the mats looking out of the flap into the run. I guess he has several hours in the house and garden each evening, but any ideas on how I can encourage him to use his facilities more fully!
Not sure how to add a picture, shame as I have a good one saved.[/img]

Back