• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gabriel is being a bit naughty!

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
Gabriel has been being a little naughty lately and im wondering if its his age? he is now around 4 months old and is acting quite spoilt!

he doesnt really like being picked up any more and struggles so much sometimes that he ends up scratching me. hes fine once i have him up to me or on my lap though. hes also started digging alot more. we made a pen up for him the other day for him to play in whilst he still has skin problems, and all he does in there is dig, rip up the newspaper and try to rip up the water proof sheet thats under the paper! so i put in a cardboard box full of hay for him to dig in. he has been digging in that but has still been digging at the floor!

another thing ive noticed, and it could be nothing, is that he seems to be weeing more. i dont mean more frequently, i mean there is always huge puddles of wee in his cage and pen :? is this normal?

one last thing i need help on is litter tarining him-how can i do this? i tried putting his litter tray directly under his hay rack to get him to use it. this worked for a while at first, but now he just poops and wees everywhere! any tips on getting him to use it?

hi

when I got my bunnies none of them had seen a litter tray - I put lots of trays in - more tray than floor! They eventually choose their fav place to go - they've all done it in the trays from the start (I put their hay in the tray so they have to sit in there to eat) - and none of the girls are spayed...Although it's a free for all on the patio as Benny and the girls have a competion going for ownership :roll:

I am so glad i am not the only one going through this teenage stage. A lot of things that Gabriel is doing is the same as what Bindi is doing.

Whenever, i go to feed Bindi she pounces her little feet on to my hand and has become protective about everything that is in her hutch including the newspaper.

Bindi is also wripping up the newspaper in her hutch, and once out of her hutch doesn't want to go back in. She struggles as i put her down and scratches my arm. I am not bothered so much about her scratching my arm, but in her struggle hurting herself. Bindi isn't nasty, just hormonal.

As soon as she is old enough she going to the vets to be spayed. I need my Bindi to be a bit calmer!!

I read that getting a bunny neutered could make litter training easier.

Gracie and animals x

I think Smokie hasnt quite reached the teenage stage yet but is getting there, she doesnt like being told to go to bed and has completely fallen out with my o/h even though he hasnt done anything wrong! She grunts at him every time he goes near her! She is about 3 and a half months old and a stubborn little thing. The one blessing I have is she litter trained herself and only goes in her hutch!

glad to know im not the only one putting up with a stubborn naughty bun! :shock: :lol:
this little fella is definately not litter trained-he even decided to poop on me earlier! :roll:
so would this be a "teen" time for a bunny then? makes sense!

i was checkin him over earlier, and checking his private area and noticed two very red marks either side of his penis and what looks like the start of his testicles dropping-does this sound right? cant believe im gonna say this but i cant wait them to drop-the sooner they drop the sooner they can be chopped off! :lol:

my old bunny managed to litter train herself, she used to use the closed off part of her hutch as a toilet the good little girl. shame she cant come back and teach this little guy a thing or two!

Yes they are his testicles- I had to ask on here too when i saw them on Charlie! :)

Charlie sometimes can be abit naughty too, he digs me and bites me alot, i'm hoping this will stop soon as he has been chopped.

Back