• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodbye Smirnoff Rabbit

Sharlene

New Kit
I just wanted to say that last night my smirnoff died aged 3 years and one month. He had been suffering from gut problems for the the last year and this fourth time, was just too much for him.

He deteriorated over a few hours and I took him to the emergency vet last night at 10 because he got so lathargic and could hardly support his head. The vet gave him everything she could to help him and it was hit and miss that he would survive the night. Unfortunatly, when I came down at 2am to give him his next dose of medication, he had died

I'm having him cremated and planning to spread his ashes in his faviourite spot in my garden.

Its not even been 12 hours and i miss him so much. Normally at this time we'd be lying on the floor together watching tv or playing chase. He been chewing my jeans, nudging my hand to get his ears stroked.

I know I gave him a fantastic life and he was one of the happiest and friendliest buns that most people had ever met and once I get past all the tears and I will have very fond memories of him.

Maybe once I get over smirnoff, I'll get another rabbit and will certianly introduce him/her to you all.

love sharlene

So sorry to hear about Smirnoff :( Thats a nice idea with his ashes. I got my Ellies ashes back last week and I have sewn them into a cuddly toy rabbit and they are on my bed, along with Alfie one of my other buns I lost.

Oh, I'm so sorry about Smirnoff.

He lived a good and happy life, and just remember that now he is happy and healthy, binkying freely without any pain. The idea about the his ashes is great, that way you can always have a little piece of him and remember.

We are here if you need us xxxxx

Binky free Smirnoff xxxx

I'm so sorry Sharlene, he was a lucky bun to have you as his mum though and he was well loved and cared for unlike so many out there. *big hug*

~ Binky free wee Smirnoff, take all our love to the spirit buns ~

Sorry to hear this sad news. He sounds like he had a wonderful life and was a very lucky bunny.
Binky free little one.

So sorry to hear that you lost Smirnoff :( (((((((((((((( Comforting hugs ))))))))))))))) to you.

Binky free Smirnoff XxXx

Awwww I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news and I bet you feel devastated this morning, I know we all have our little routines with our bunnies and when something you've always enjoyed doing such as sitting have a cuddle or playing chase dissapears it seems that you'll never feel happy again.

Sending you a hug and thats a lovely thought to sprinkle the ashes in a favorite garden spot - hopefully you'll eventually always be able to sit next to where he is and give a smile and remember all the good times you've spent together.

Sending you love and big hugs at this sad time, he will be running free with all the other bunsters, no pain, no stress, only peace and love xxxxx

aw sharlene ,
i.m so sorry to hear about smirnoff , you truly adored him didn,t you ? Give yourself time , i lost cheekybun aged 6 and a half just over a month ago and 2 days ago i got two bundles of trouble . aka , bailey and gismo . They are nothing like cheeky and have their own personality but they are adorable . However - cheekybun was and still is my baby , i don,t think i,ll ever get over him but i,m learning to accept that he has gone and you will too eventually . Its hard tho and i wish you all the best and hope you find another special bunny or two . xx

Smirnoff sounds as though he had such a happy life with you...it is good that you want to have his ashes...not that you ever forget but something to comfort you.

fairy.gif
Binky_Free_x_27630.gif

Back